car insurance

bignoel

is going on i paid £230 last year for my fourtrak this year got a navara smaller engine and my insurance is now £650 30 + years driving no claims and i am on restricted miles 3k a year :hmm: my grand daughter passed her test yesterday they want £6k off of her for a vitara got to have a shop about :angry:

My insurance company (Adrian Flux) usually come back with some increased premium but they will match any other quotes I find so I generally hunt around find the lowest priced one and get it brough back down to acceptable levels again.

It's a pain they can't offer me a decent premium to begin with but only usually takes me 10 mins to get it back down.

Word of warning check the feedback if you use the price comparison websites. There is one company who came up significantly cheaper than others when I did a quote for my wife, and lots of the feedback said they would add extra charges and cancellation charges if you tried to leave. Sorry can't remember the name but worth checking detail before you hand over the cash.

Your best option at this point is to use one of myriad insurance compare websites. You should be able to find a much better deal for yourself, but if your Grand daughter is young (17?) You'll have real issues finding affordable insurance for a 1.6 - but see what you can do!

Its ridiculous how do they think young well all of us can afford to pay so much for insurance Ive never had a claim but the insurance still goes up and up

Its time for a revolt I wonder what your employer would say if you said you cannot get to work any more as its costing to much in insurance and fuel

So thats another one on the dole.

is going on i paid £230 last year for my fourtrak this year got a navara smaller engine and my insurance is now £650 30 + years driving no claims and i am on restricted miles 3k a year :hmm: my grand daughter passed her test yesterday they want £6k off of her for a vitara got to have a shop about :angry:

To be blunt she should be a little more realistic with her car choice. For a First Car the Vitara is a High insurance category and she will get caned by any insurance company.

The cars are categorised by not necessarily the engine size but by cost of repair or right off value.

With respect, I would advise her to lower her sights a little, get a basic cat 1 or 2 insurance car, some experience, accumulate a couple of years NCD and learn to walk before she starts running :yes:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

To be blunt she should be a little more realistic with her car choice. For a First Car the Vitara is a High insurance category and she will get caned by any insurance company.

The cars are categorised by not necessarily the engine size but by cost of repair or right off value.

With respect, I would advise her to lower her sights a little, get a basic cat 1 or 2 insurance car, some experience, accumulate a couple of years NCD and learn to walk before she starts running :yes:

Also, Vitara's have a habbit of being a pig and weaving around the road a bit, not so bad if your used to driving very old cars (which also have this habit) about but can really catch newbies out.

Edited by Bleeh

Its ridiculous how do they think young well all of us can afford to pay so much for insurance Ive never had a claim but the insurance still goes up and up

Its time for a revolt I wonder what your employer would say if you said you cannot get to work any more as its costing to much in insurance and fuel

So thats another one on the dole.

because of personal injury claims and other costs going up...

insurance has and will be driven by price not service or product etc..

shop about is all you can do, Admiral tried doubling my premium and direct line halved the renewal so you've just got to get on the net and keep looking

I use Sheltons of Camberley, think they have a branch in Guildford . For many years used online insurance as well as price comparison websites , then found out that Sheltons found insurance for our cars at £600 per year cheaper across the two cars , less excess and they handle all queries etc themselves on your behalf , rather than having to deal with, as I did, off-shore call centres previously !!!!!!!!!!

shop about is all you can do, Admiral tried doubling my premium and direct line halved the renewal so you've just got to get on the net and keep looking

Admiral came out £900 more expensive than Elephant for the boy, so he went with Elephant.

He called Admiral to cancel, and they said 'they are in the same group as us we would have matched that' :blink: :blink: :blink:

My insurance also went up around £70 this year! Bloody joke! It's with swift cover, I went onto go compare and the cheapest quote was £650!!!!! Ridiculous as last year I was £320, so I was forced to take the renewal from swift, talk about taking bending over and taking it up the *#$! I have had no accidents so basically the no claims etc has increased by a year, between a bike, a 4x4, car, dogs and home we as a family are paying £2000 in insurance!!

we are in a right state in the uk, it's about time a controlling body did something about insurance premiums.

Regards,

Gixer

My wife has just passed her test and was finding it hard getting a decent insurance deal. In the end we are going for a joint policy with these guys; http://www.insurethebox.com/ they fit a tracker to your car and track your miliage but it is a hell of a lot cheaper for new drivers. So maybe worth a look for some of you.

In addition you should check the insurance group of the car for new drivers which you can do here for free; http://www.parkers.co.uk/insurance/ the system has changed now from 20 groups to 50 so it is a little bit more confusing.

In the end though, we will just keep being screwed over :)