Well done BASC!

Devon Fox

'Since October 2010 BASC has received a number of complaints from members about the service provided by decoying uk.As a result,until decoying uk have demonstrated that they are able to meet their commitments to customers we will not be accepting their advertisments in Shooting and Conservation. Any reader in dispute with decoying uk should contact Consumer Direct on 08454 040506 for advice.Trading standards officers in Wigan,where the company is based are monitoring the situation.'

Well pleased about that :good:

Gordon - just search on here for all ############## threads, taking money, not supplying goods, taking months to refund - none stop BS'ing about deliveries etc etc.

This was worth the BASC fee alone :lol::lol:

Al4x - Spot on, I think a certain David BASC might have played a part (well done)

Edited by Devon Fox

'Since October 2010 BASC has received a number of complaints from members about the service provided by decoying uk.As a result,until decoying uk have demonstrated that they are able to meet their commitments to customers we will not be accepting their advertisments in Shooting and Conservation. Any reader in dispute with decoying uk should contact Consumer Direct on 08454 040506 for advice.Trading standards officers in Wigan,where the company is based are monitoring the situation.'

This was ''THEIR'' reply to that article, which was also posted on The Stalking Directory....

Readers should set their minds at rest by telephoning Trading Standards in Wigan and asking for Janet Nichols LLB, who is VERY aware of EXACTLY what is going on. People should also be aware that Decoying UK are currently taking legal advice re. BASC's comments, the fact that a senior staff member of BASC has proposed a council member to the board, knowing full well that such candidate is the managing director of a major competitor to Decoying UK, and that said candidate is now a full council member. Very much a CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

This is going to get very interesting, especially with what has happened to Simon Hamlyn. Please note that due to the impending legal situation, I am unable to comment further at this stage.

Edited by chrispti

page 3 of the magazine, if you're ot a member then :oops:

You say that but all threads that have mentioned ############## get removed.THL on the other hand have a topic pasted at trhe top of the page about their lack of service.However pigeonwatch is alot better forum to be on :blush:

Reason for edit

See you still can't type the companies name :no:

Edited by pegleg31

I see the firm in question, allegedly so adept at avoiding supplying the goods or refunds demanded by their customers, have lit the smoke pots in a clumsy and desperate attempt at obscuring the battlefield.

Their legal representatives, if they actually exist, will shortly be advising them that BASC`s actions, in accordance with it`s operating rules, are absolutely and categorically above board and that the recent departure of Simon Hamlyn had nothing whatsoever to do with the allegations leveled at this company.

Smoke, mirrors and red herrings. I bet they wish now that they`d just supplied the goods or refunds instead of allegedly trying to rob people.

Incidentally, this includes a good friend of mine who`s protracted struggle to get his money back I witnessed with my own eyes!

I am not a spokesperson for BASC, merely an interested and informed ordinary member.

This is going to get very interesting, especially with what has happened to Simon Hamlyn. Please note that due to the impending legal situation, I am unable to comment further at this stage[/i].[/b]

I guess this is what our £60 is going to this year lads :lol:

I think Mudpattern is rather on the money with that. Very succinct. :good:

Incidentally it would seem that provided what BASC have put into print is true (and can be evidenced as such) then that would appear to be the end of the matter. Indeed, if BASC have a file of complaints then it's all rather straightforward.

Also, Trading Standards only get involved in consumer related disputes. Why would they be involved if somewhere there weren't one or two consumer disputes. Indeed, Trading Standards won't open a file unless there are multiple complaints of a similar nature or something dangerous e.g. flogging non CE compliant gear.

There's a golden rule in litigation - no matter how tempted or provoked never get involved in defamation proceedings. Just get a wheel barrow of cash out and burn it in the car park.

The first thing BASC's lawyers would do if this looked like getting anywhere near a Court is ask for £100k security for costs up front and to be paid into Court funds (especially if the proposed Claimant is a limited company that is young, has nominal share capital or a weak balance sheet). Alternatively the Directors could volunteer PG's to cover the costs in the event of failure.

In summary, this is going nowhere but the suggestion of some skull duggery at BASC HQ will of course appeal to many non BASC members and conjure up conspiracy theories in the minds of those who get excited easily.

I wouldn't worry about legal action BASC, I just hope they don't owe you any money for advertising. One CCJ in december last year added to another in January this year tends to be a classic sign of going under shortly. Thats pretty much public record so not defamatory

Playing Devils advocate for a moment, what the **** took the BASC so long, this has been public knowledge for well over a year, well documented in numerous forums, I understand the BASC has received numerous complaints...... and they have JUST decided....nothing to do with losing any advertising revenue hey!

:hmm::good:

Playing Devils advocate for a moment, what the **** took the BASC so long, this has been public knowledge for well over a year, well documented in numerous forums, I understand the BASC has received numerous complaints...... and they have JUST decided....nothing to do with losing any advertising revenue hey!

:hmm::good:

the problem is a few dis satisfied customers go a long way on the internet so you do have to give them a little benefit of the doubt especially when in effect they were a long term customer.

Of course the CCJ's could be dis satisfied customers who have gone all the way or they could be suppliers which may explain some of the delivery problems. Of course BASC may be upset as they may be an overdue creditor you just never know, one thing is sure 2 ccj's a month apart and recently are usually a sign the company will go under shortly.

Edited by al4x