What price F.U.D,s

What do you reckon to them?

Cat

Very impressed. Best day for weeks.

My old shell decoys were past here use by date so I decided to replace the lot with FUD's.Easy to set up after the first few and the belt clip (Fudslinger) is excellent. They look incredibly realistic and was pulling the birds in from about 1/4 - 1/2 mile away.

I can see there could be a problem when the Rape gets taller but having flappers/magnets does away with the lack of movement in the pattern which is another criticism which some people make about them.

Although I have only used them the once, first impressions are extremely good - cant wait until next Saturday :yes:

Very impressed. Best day for weeks.

My old shell decoys were past here use by date so I decided to replace the lot with FUD's.Easy to set up after the first few and the belt clip (Fudslinger) is excellent. They look incredibly realistic and was pulling the birds in from about 1/4 - 1/2 mile away.

I can see there could be a problem when the Rape gets taller but having flappers/magnets does away with the lack of movement in the pattern which is another criticism which some people make about them.

Although I have only used them the once, first impressions are extremely good - cant wait until next Saturday :yes:

Interesting....this year I've not bothered with any static decoys on rape, just used the magnet with 2 dead birds, then added birds to build a pattern as they are shot.

My decoys are past their sell by date, maybe it's time to invest in some newer models..?? :hmm:

Cat.

I have a friend who bought some last summer and I have shot with him when using them.

They look very realistic in the hand and reminded me of those very intricately painted wooden duck decoys/ornaments.

In the pattern the first thing I noticed was there is no movement.

On the days we used them nothing much happened, until we introduced a rotary and a couple of floaters.

He has also mentioned that with extensive use (he shoots at least 2 days a week) they get a bit mis-shaped and dirty, also "a clip" has broken off a couple of them.

I know he uses his shell decoys most of the time at the moment.

They have been around for about a year, so it would be good to hear from people who have had them a long time and use them regularly.

I have a friend who bought some last summer and I have shot with him when using them.

They look very realistic in the hand and reminded me of those very intricately painted wooden duck decoys/ornaments.

In the pattern the first thing I noticed was there is no movement.

On the days we used them nothing much happened, until we introduced a rotary and a couple of floaters.

He has also mentioned that with extensive use (he shoots at least 2 days a week) they get a bit mis-shaped and dirty, also "a clip" has broken off a couple of them.

I know he uses his shell decoys most of the time at the moment.

They have been around for about a year, so it would be good to hear from people who have had them a long time and use them regularly.

i have been using them since they first came on the market at the midland in sept 2009;walked past the stand and thought what the hell are these things,watched a few demo vids on the tv they had in the stall and walked away with a box for £25.

tried them out 2 weeks later on a autumn drilled field of wheat set them out no other decoys with them just the fuds;walked back to the hide as i took the gun out the slip 2 woodies came from behind and ploughed straight in got one, put that on a floater and added dead birds to pattern when shot finished up with 78 in the bag in 3 hours

they do look a bit faded from when i first bought them but still do the bizz, if they get dirty just wash them with warm soapy water and a sponge. got round the getting them above taller crops have a look on craft and diy section i put a post on there just scroll down a bit dead easy to do.

we have been using them all winter. we started with 18 a magnet and a couple of landers. all bags were 100+ every time.

We have now added more and now use 40, magnet and a lander/bouncer or two. now looking at modifying. i have cut the plate thinner and it helps but as sied, there is no movement so im just waiting for a reply from NRA as to more rivets as i want to do away with the plate and put a wire in its place. so i can put into the top of a garden cane on crop or in the mud on sowings.

Phil.