mod for a .223

vampire

Hi,have just agreed a purchase to accquire a cz .223 lux,it does not come with a mod and is not screw cut :no:

1,how much is it to get cut :hmm:

2,are there slip on mods

3,what price range do these mods start from,i am keen to quieten it for the sake of people near by rather than a second stalk.

hi

a really good screw cut with crowning could be aroud 70-90 pounds

and as for mods i have a ATEC mod at £249 and a T8 mod at £200 i like both mods but i think the atec is a touch better on my 22/250 the t8 is on a .243

this is just my own oppinion and im sure everyone you ask will have there own thorts

as for slip on mods ive never seen any thats you dont need a screw cut barrel for...slip on mods can slip off again when shooting...

hope this helps

rich :good:

well for screw cutting you need to get a proper job done on it as it can affect your accuracy if its a bad job

and with regards to mods for a centerfire rifle i have seen t8 mods for sale second hand for £150 on here..(mine is up for sale as well)

at the end of the day you get what you pay for..

i did hve a cz223 like the one your about to get and its one of the best reliable rifles i ever had...if its for foxing you wont go wrong with that gun/caliber

rich. :good:

Hi,have just agreed a purchase to accquire a cz .223 lux,it does not come with a mod and is not screw cut :no:

1,how much is it to get cut :hmm:

2,are there slip on mods

3,what price range do these mods start from,i am keen to quieten it for the sake of people near by rather than a second stalk.

wildcat preditor 8 iv got one on my .223 and its quiet and fully strippable for cleaning :good:

hi

a really good screw cut with crowning could be aroud 70-90 pounds

and as for mods i have a ATEC mod at £249 and a T8 mod at £200 i like both mods but i think the atec is a touch better on my 22/250 the t8 is on a .243

this is just my own oppinion and im sure everyone you ask will have there own thorts

as for slip on mods ive never seen any thats you dont need a screw cut barrel for...slip on mods can slip off again when shooting...

hope this helps

rich :good:

:lol: :lol: :lol: blow of with the 223 pressure

have a Dm80 and it works a treat with the 223

i am keen to quieten it for the sake of people near by rather than a second stalk.

If you are talking about people not shooting with you then the sonic crack will be louder than the guns bang once you are a few hundred yds away, I got a mod purely to protect my hearing so size and price were my main concerns.

I bought a locally engineered mod from

Country Pursuits

1a Grove Rd Mill End Rickmansworth Hertfordshire WD3 8EB

T: 01923 772916

It cost £125 and is tiny compared to my old T8, its quiet enough to not need hearing protection although louder than most big moderators. From more than 10yds away there is very little difference in the sound report.

post-650-0-72771300-1304250066.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: blow of with the 223 pressure

have a Dm80 and it works a treat with the 223

+1.

I have used a T8 and still have a P8 and a DM80.

The T8 was heavy and you could not clean it.

The DM80 has taken the most rounds, is the easiest to clean and was the cheapest (£140).

The P8 is easy to strip but almost twice the price of a DM80, and heavier.

As for noise reduction there is not a lot in it.

Buy a DM80, you will not be dissapointed.

I had my remmy 223. Screwcut reproofed and wildcat preditor 8 mod all for £300 at my local gun smith . When I went stalking with a keeper even he commented how quiet my mod was . In my opinion it's the best out there because it is so easy to clean being fully strippable and you can buy the inserts so you can use it for different calibres .

Remember if you get it screw cut and you don't get it reproofed then you cannot sell the rifle as it's out of proof because the barrel has been modified

norfolk sporting guns in wymondham charge around the £40 mark for screw cutting a barrel, nelsons of norwich are now stocking 3rd eye tactical stuff, including moderators, the spartan mod, which fits on the end of the barrel rather than over it should retail at 220, he's doing deals at the moment, best ring and ask. I can vouch for the quality of these, i have 2.

£40 - £80 for the screw cutting depending truly on who does it, i have seen £100 screw cut jobs done that look like someone has done it with a chisel and dremmel. I have a T8-AR which works nicely, you can`t clean it but i drench mine with cleaner once in a while and look after it when any moisture occurs through temp change etc and it`s still in A1 condition. Some places force you to have a re-proof done witht he screw cutting which is extra but if your not planning on selling you don`t need it so try somewhere else.

Thanks for all the replies,from what i can make out,there is a need for mods to lower recoil/rduce flash and the muzzle bang from damaging hearing.

Some are strippable for cleaning,oil causes emulsioning of insides,leaving it on rifle causes moisture to run back down barrel and eventially rust barrel.

A slip on mod does not exsist :blush:

It is a highly skilled job to do a screw cut and that lining up with inside of bore is more important than outside.

prices start at £40 to a few hundred.

Stainless is best as it doesnt rust or corode from flash burn like aluminium.

So have i paid attention,did i pass :hmm:

thanks again,you have been a great help.

atb,Karl

screwcutting costs depends on if you are going to get it proofed as well, some gunsmiths will cut them without proofing some won't. I think my .243 was approx £150 including proofing as my local one wouldn't cut it without it being proofed. I've a P8 on mine its big heavy but does the job well

people often don't know they do a smaller and lighter Compact version of the Predator 8 - same baffle stack just a shorter rear chamber

Yep, I'm amazed this is not more common knowledge, I have the COMPACT P8 on all my centrefires up to and including .308, offers a good package of moderation/size/weight/cost! :good::good:

Ive a CQB brill and compact and can vouch for a DM80 , But whatever you get make sure its for upto a 223cal and not ie a SAK which are a great mods for upto a 22lr/17hmr but dangerous on your 223 , you prob know that but just in case

If/when i were to replace my T8 on my .223, i'd go for a Jet-Z CQB - you don't need a wacking great mod on a .223 (prob out of price range for OP though).

Anything bigger calibre and a Predator 8 Compact fits the bill nicely.

people often don't know they do a smaller and lighter Compact version of the Predator 8 - same baffle stack just a shorter rear chamber

Interestingly weight wise there is only 135 grammes in it so though you save on bulk you don't actually save much in the way of weight

depends how short you want my .243 has a 20 and 1/4 inch barrel and a standard wildcat goes on fine with a fair amount of room to spare balance is good but it is a very light rifle to start with. You'd just about get another inch off the barrel before you had issues with it not fitting, they do look like a big mod on a short rifle though