Price paid for your rabbit and pigeon

I was just wondering how much everyone got for there pigeons and rabbit, I've just spoken to the only local game dealer I know and was told 30p per pigeon and 40p per rabbit (Not gutted).

Is this about right?

How can you be 'not gutted' about those prices?! :P:lol:

Prep them yourself and you can get several times what you've been offered, if you sell to restaurants, that is.

Edited by Billy.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know of any resturants who will buy pigeons/rabbits in doncaster/rotherham/or barnsley area... :hmm:

Just get knocking. It won't take long.

You'll find that people who do know of restaurants who buy in, will not be so keen to share this... Kind of makes sense really, as they'll just lose out.

Edited by Billy.

jesus i get 3 quid gutting and skin'n . 2 quid gutted . butchers will give you a low price as they have to make profit too .i would tell you who buys mine but i dont think so :blush:

profit i would agree with, MACRO charge £4.99 for a frozen one,thats not profit thats downright robbery :o

I was offered £1 per rabbit( that's gutted, skinned) by a local butcher,I checked his prices for rabbits when passing and he was charging £9.50p for them!

He also pays 50p per pigeon and sells a pack of four breasts for £3.99p!

Needless to say,I don't take them in there,prefering to give them to my local pub and get a free meal on occasions :good:

Alan :)