Work boots

ian_in_the_midlands

Whilst digging a hole this afternoon, the corner of my spade went throught he sole of my boot and cut into my foot.

Hurt like hell, but could have been a lot more serious.

I think it is time I got myself some new boots.

Do not have an army surplus shops in the area, and do not want to spend a lot of money on expensive boots designed for walking that have a sole too soft for digging.

Can anyone recommend a good hardwearing work boot at a sensible price, and who sells them?

Alternatively, is there an online army surplus shop that people have used and can recommend (preferably that accept paypal)?

Thanks.

Edited by ian_in_the_midlands

Tool station Cheap not sure if they great boot but worthba try

http://www.toolstation.com/documents/search/index.html?searchstr=Safety+boots&submit=Go

TOOLSTATION do Black Rock boots, absolutely brilliant value for money, well made, comfortable, hard wearing etc etc I have worn nothing else every working day for the past 3-4 years. Only thing to be careful about is size they are a bit on the generous side, designed to be worn with thick socks.

What has happened to all the army surplus shops?

Used to be the first place I would go for something like this (and a lot of shooting related stuff too).

All the local ones have closed down.

Either closed down or branched out into crossbows knives and a lot of fantasty ninja rubbish.

What has happened to all the army surplus shops?

Used to be the first place I would go for something like this (and a lot of shooting related stuff too).

All the local ones have closed down.

Cracking army surplus near me....Neils warehouse, leicester, bit of a trek, but has loads of stuff.

ive tried loads over the years as a builder, a good pair of cats will be knackered in twelve months but my last pair of "Hoggs" are still going strong eighteen months in.

I dont like wearing steel toecaps so i have the "Jason" style boots that are without

You can get them online here http://www.countryfirstdirect.co.uk/product_desc.php?id=84

Dickies use to do me fine but I work for a big company and it's policy to change your boots every 6 months which they pay for and fortunately Scruffs are in the order books :D I would pay £50+ for work boots but if offered for free... must have about 2-3 pairs at home now.