how many 223 rounds?

sully7s

There is no silly ammount, just asked for 1000 to buy and 1100 to keep for the Hornet- had similar on my 308 in the past got 500 and 600 on 7mm yet only 300 on the .243". Strangly i use the .243" a lot but then again .243" ammo is more available

only had my variation back with centrefire a couple of weeks, 1st centrefire and i'm allowed to buy 500 hold 600. Same number of rounds as the 17hmr which was also approved at the same time. for .22lr I have buy 1000 hold 1100 solids (for target) and but 1000 hold 1200 expanding....

thats a fair amount of ammo, i will ask my fao but she doesn't like anyone to have anything and is hard work, i understand what they have to do, but she just dont seem to like her job much, the next town his fao is brillent will tell him max he can go for with out rejection

How many rounds do you expect to fire in a month? How far away is the nearest gun shop? Do you plan to reload?

I would see buy 200 hold 250 as fair for my use. I have around 400-1000 buy and 500-1100 hold on various calibres but I home load so hold a lot of bullets. I never load more than 100 rounds at a time unless I'm expecting to use a lot.

Just don't let them give you something naff like buy 40 hold 60. I've seen that before and it's bad news if you want to zero or have a range day.

How many rounds do you expect to fire in a month? How far away is the nearest gun shop? Do you plan to reload?

I would see buy 200 hold 250 as fair for my use. I have around 400-1000 buy and 500-1100 hold on various calibres but I home load so hold a lot of bullets. I never load more than 100 rounds at a time unless I'm expecting to use a lot.

Just don't let them give you something naff like buy 40 hold 60. I've seen that before and it's bad news if you want to zero or have a range day.

ok so i should put more then if she says less i can drop back abit, im able to go gun shop in week as its near work so not to bad as for reloading i wont be using enough to warrant buying a reloading kit,

The best thing is to be realistic, will you be going out and buying £500 worth of ammo at a time, I think the Home Office police guidance for centrefire is around 200 to buy 250 to hold, I may be wrong but thats what I based mine on for the 243. As I homeload and use several differant bullet heads( they usually come in 100's) I had it bumped up a bit. If you find you have trouble in buying the ammo you use due to availability or your nearest stockist is 100miles away I'm sure firearms will act accordingly.

ok i was thinking buy 80 keep 100 to start off with on 223 as i can get it when ever, and buy 150 and keep 200 17hmr as i say she will no dout moan about this even,

cf limit is not too bad but for rf I would go for buy 500 hold 600, you will soon get through 150 hmr rounds and your fac will fill up pretty quick. Saves sending your fac in for replacement every few months or so.

cf limit is not too bad but for rf I would go for buy 500 hold 600, you will soon get through 150 hmr rounds and your fac will fill up pretty quick. Saves sending your fac in for replacement every few months or so.

ok cheers will change amount

Or like they did with me and changed it to buy 125, hold 150. 125!!!! what's that all about.lol

I have now 500 buy, hold 600. i reload and i want to save money as well as consistency with batch with the .222.

Home Office guidelines are 200/300 for pest control, 500/600 for target shooting on grant of FAC. :good: Intended use plays more of a factor than calibre and don't use "I can get discount if i buy in bulk" as a reason to up your limits, lots of FLD's do not accept it (although others on here claim they have got away with it)

Mark

Hiya,

on my first aplication i had 60 to keep and 40 to buy. remember its your first app. i now got 100 to buy and 140 to keep

As above on my first application for my .222 I got keep 60 and buy 40, it then went up to keep 120 and buy 100 when i started reloading before Christmas, I've now got it to keep 300 and buy 200 as per HO guidelines.

I think I'd be making a serious fuss if they didn't allow buy 100 hold 120. Buying 40 is hopeless, I shoot more than that on a range day and have been known to fire that many CF rounds at bunnies in the past!

EDIT... Just tell them you want to home load if they do make a fuss. You need a slot to buy 100 expanding missiles or you can't buy boxes of bullets! :good:

Edited by njc110381