Got pulled by Customs & Excise at Tesco's!

ilovemyheckler

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dip away my good man!Its the probe up the exhaust that you've got to watch.

the portable sniffer shoved up ya pipe tells them what they need to know . no need to hunt for a second tank

I wouldn't stand for that over some fuel issue :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by tycoon01

Its been big news down here in Devon, a farmer who cuts the grass at the local football pitch has just been done

he cuts the grass for free but still got fined £250 (he had red diesel in his tank)in his tractor

they say that cutting the grass for the football team is not agriculture use

it has caused a bit of a stir

Edited by jasper3

Wish they would do the outfit down here which uses those big JCB Fastraks to lead trailers of poultry from farms to processing factory. They are neither fast nor slow so are a pain on the road but my main gripe is why should they get away with using Red when Joe Bloggs haulier has to tow the line?

Wish they would do the outfit down here which uses those big JCB Fastraks to lead trailers of poultry from farms to processing factory. They are neither fast nor slow so are a pain on the road but my main gripe is why should they get away with using Red when Joe Bloggs haulier has to tow the line?

Would that not count as agricultural use anyway as they are transporting livestock? I would agree if they were using fastracks to transport other goods, but if it's farming based I would tend to take the side of the farmer. Make the most of what you're allowed but don't break the law is the way I view life, especially when tax is concerned! :yes:

A few years ago the local vintage vehicle club were doing their annual charity vintage tractor run, The customs and excise people stopped them saying that they could not use red diesel as this was not agricultural. I am not sure what the outcome of this was but they were obviously picking an easy target, especially when half the country is running their vans and caers on red and never seem to get stopped.

Those JCB fastracs should be limited to 20 mph - they are dangerous - had a few tip their trailers over around here - one farmer couldn't get it upright quick enough as all the tyres were bald - then they have 18 yr old idiots driving them - well they only look 18. - Just a tax fiddle in my opinion - do em I say

Dave

Those JCB fastracs should be limited to 20 mph - they are dangerous - had a few tip their trailers over around here - one farmer couldn't get it upright quick enough as all the tyres were bald - then they have 18 yr old idiots driving them - well they only look 18. - Just a tax fiddle in my opinion - do em I say

Dave

IF they were limited to 20mph they would have call them JCB slow tracks and who would want to buy one then????:lol:

Bob

C&E and VOSA have to much power,worse still since they now have to be self finacing,no i havent been pulled by them i have worked with men who have,you carnt win becuse they call them selves expert witnesses which you carnt,the law falls in fayver of them,farmers & drivers have enuf to worry about as it is. rant over :lol::lol::lol::good::good::good:

I believe a Agri vehicle can use red diesel on the road for a limited amount of miles, i think its either 5 or 11 from each field/farm they own ,

1.5kms

and in answer to other posts. JCB fastracs being used on the road are not allowed to use red deisel.

C&E and VOSA have to much power,worse still since they now have to be self finacing,no i havent been pulled by them i have worked with men who have,you carnt win becuse they call them selves expert witnesses which you carnt,the law falls in fayver of them,farmers & drivers have enuf to worry about as it is. rant over :lol::lol::lol::good::good::good:

agree, it must be a sad life going round shaking down good people for extra tax money for the state.

real job satisfaction.

how do you know they are only on red?

Round us a fair few contractors have to run on normal diesel but its still cheaper to run fastracs than lorries.

Out of interest what would happen if you half filled a tank with red and the rest with normal what would the result be?

If you ran it on red and ran until nearly empty then refilled with normal what would be the result?

How many refills would it take for a 'clean' result to be given?

If you ran on chip fat what would the result be?

All in the interests of science of course. :yp:

Out of interest what would happen if you half filled a tank with red and the rest with normal what would the result be?

If you ran it on red and ran until nearly empty then refilled with normal what would be the result?

How many refills would it take for a 'clean' result to be given?

If you ran on chip fat what would the result be?

All in the interests of science of course. :yp:

If they suspect you've been using red derv they can sieze and examine the vehicle, things like fuel lines, filters etc etc will be stained.

If they suspect you've been using red derv they can sieze and examine the vehicle, things like fuel lines, filters etc etc will be stained.

What if you had a S/H car and the previous owner had ran it on red?

chip fat you can use as there is a legal amount that you can run without paying duty. Red is a bad idea as said as you will keep getting traces for ages unless you drain and flush the entire system. Then you would need to explain a legitimate reason for it or get nicked.

S/H car you'd have to blag it and hope they took the fact you'd bought it recently from a ***** as explanation

Edited by al4x

I saw many years ago a fix for Land rovers

The external fuel cap went to a small reserve of normal diesel

You then opened back door for the actual filler cap

Naughty and I am sure would mean an even bigger fine if caught but have to admire the idea