Can anyone get rid of a wasps nest

caballero

Hi

Can anyone help.

We are looking to sort out a Wasps nest in our compost heap.

Do we have any professional Pest Controllers out there.

I'm not looking for someone with a bottle of ant powder would prefer a pro.

Anyone interested please pm.me with a cost and when you could do the job.

Thanks

Phil

Edited by caballero

Hi - go to your hardware shop and buy a can of WASR NEST DESTROYER. Wait till late evening when the wasps have all come back to the nest (none flying in) and squirt the stuff into the entrance hole. Get either the 'puffer' type or the foam type. The foam type comes with a tube to attach to the aerosol and you push this into the hole and squirt - slowly pull the aerosol back and ou will leave a tube of foam blocking the hole. The wasps try to eat there way out and they'redead. If its a puffer, just puff plenty as far down the hole as you can get and round the entrance. They'll be dead in the morning or at the latest lunch time. If not repeat the process but I have never needed to.

Its not difficult and the cost is about £4.00. You dont need to be a professional and being able to do it yourself is very confidence boosting. Stick to the instructions and you wont get stung - DO NOT USE PETROL.

Cheers

Hi

Can anyone help.

We are looking to sort out a Wasps nest in our compost heap.

Do we have any professional Pest Controllers out there.

I'm not looking for someone with a bottle of ant powder would prefer a pro.

Anyone interested please pm.me with a cost and when you could do the job.

Thanks

Phil

What's wrong with ant powder? it's quick and effective. I've heard it's illegal but don't know why, can anyone shed any light?

years ago I got the council pest people to come and get rid of a nest it the roof of my garage the guy banged on my door demanded to be paid before he would do anything after I paid him he went back to his van and got this long pole thing with long nozzle on the end a few puffs of white powder in the hole he then said keep your windows shut until its dark and they are all back to the nest and he was gone all of five minutes for £16 it was money for old rope but it did work all wasps dead.

Boiling water...throw it over the nest...make sure you set a vid camera up as you do this... :good:

:lol: The EE method

I personally would take the opportunity to have some sport.

I'd set up a hide about 25ft away and lay out a pattern of opened preserves in a horseshoe formation and then hone my air pistolry as they come in. A wasp magnet could be made out of a small hand held fan mounted vertically in a small depression in the ground. I'd put this out to the left or right of the pattern.

I knew a couple course fisherman who would go looking for wasps nests for the grubs.They would dig them out during the day and were not bothered about getting stung (balmy *******).They said that it was best bait for chub.

I once had a wasps nest in the garden and that was in a compost pile, i waited till dark when they were all in then put a smoke bomb down the hole and covered it up. In the morning they were all dead, a great releaf for the wife and kids............... and me.

be very carefull this time of year they ca be very aggressive .i treated 1 yesterday and some 80 yrds away removed my suit to get into my van .cut along story short i got hit in the throat and ended up in hospital for 9.1/2 hrs as my body went into shock NOT A NICE FEELING THOUGHT MY DAYS WERE UP .get a pesti in wasps follow scent trust me :good:

Off to B&Q in the morning.

Don't own a video anymore so I can't supply highlights, but I will try to remember to turn the electric fence off incase I need to leg it. :lol:

Thanks for all the advise

just be sensible if you can see where they are going in then wait till early evening when they are quieter puff as much wasp powder into and around the hole as possible. Wear a decent coat and don't antagonise them and you'll be fine, once you've done a few you realise a container of powder costs under a fiver, kills 5 nests or so and is far better than paying a pestie £50 a pop. Next morning the nest will be dead

Hi Phil, I actually run a small pest control company based in Yorkshire and would recomend that you steer well clear they are very agressive at this time of year. Wasp nest destroyer will not work as you cannot see the nest you can only see where they are getting into the compost. If you have a go yourself and get stung they also sting you with a attractant to other wasps in the colony and they will also come for a go so be very carefull as a lot of people have a bad reaction and this can kill! (as reported every year in the papers). I would recommend to use a pest control company near you, the going price for this from somebody reputable is £35 with quite a few companys charging well over the £100 mark! I have a friend who i used to work with who lives in Wednesbury who will gladly treat it for you and is a qualified proffesional and is insured and will guarantee destruction. If you want his number pm me and i will put you in touch. Good luck Johnnythefox70.

Edited by johnnythefox70

Just leave it alone and it will go away by itself in a couple of months. Don't provoke the wasps and they will be fine.

:good: This is the best advice. I've got one in my heap as well. Unfortunately its the one I use for the cleanings from my ferret court so I use it every day. Its a wooden clamp with a piece of carpet over the top. They get a bit excited when I uncover the heap, but if I do that first before I need to tip and give them time to calm down, then cover up quickly when I've finished we seem able to co-exist. They've got to live somewhere. They'll be gone with the first frost.

Hi Phil, I actually run a small pest control company based in Yorkshire and would recomend that you steer well clear they are very agressive at this time of year. Wasp nest destroyer will not work as you cannot see the nest you can only see where they are getting into the compost. If you have a go yourself and get stung they also sting you with a attractant to other wasps in the colony and they will also come for a go so be very carefull as a lot of people have a bad reaction and this can kill! (as reported every year in the papers). I would recommend to use a pest control company near you, the going price for this from somebody reputable is £35 with quite a few companys charging well over the £100 mark! I have a friend who i used to work with who lives in Wednesbury who will gladly treat it for you and is a qualified proffesional and is insured and will guarantee destruction. If you want his number pm me and i will put you in touch. Good luck Johnnythefox70.

top advise you cant go wrong trust me .dont attempt it your self :good: