Lofting poles...

lksopener

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone made a good set of lofting poles or know anyone who can help me out by making some.

Obviously happy to pay my way as needed for any costs incurred.

Or buy some shop bought ones it they arent too expensive some I have seen are £100 + which seems alot.

Liam

I use telescopic fishing poles, but them off *bay £15 get them up to 10meters (30ft) and you can vary the height to suit your tree, they just need sanding down and painting green or black. you will also need to adapt the end to take your decoys, these can also loft floaters on these, get good movement in very little wind :good:

i have got a set from ukshooting.. they cost about £70 for all the kit i think. i dont really use them much as they are hard to transport to hide if you have to walk there like i have to do. i must try to use them more and see if they help decoy the pigeons better. they are light just bulky well made just dont get the hook stuck in the tree...

Ive also been down this route making do with homemade poles :yes: ive now invested in a proper set :good: much much stronger,lighter and longer :good: you need at least 20-30 ft of poles to cover most situations :good: BB

I got a set of a member on here :good: 6x5ft poles,head unit and bag for £50 posted :good: put a ad in the wanted section,i had a couple of sets offered a couple of weeks back :good: paying out money here and there for telescopic poles etc is false economy :yes: pay the money and invest in a proper set from day one is the way to go :good: BB

I used some piping for the hanger with a C cell battery or large bolt taped to the end as a counter balance.

For a lofting pole i've got a telescopic shower curtain pole with a cut down drinks bottle on the end, pop the battery into the bottle and bobs your mothers brother.

It's not all that long but it reaches far enough up my mates cherry trees in his orchard.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone made a good set of lofting poles or know anyone who can help me out by making some.

Obviously happy to pay my way as needed for any costs incurred.

Or buy some shop bought ones it they arent too expensive some I have seen are £100 + which seems alot.

Liam

I have been using for the last few years a half wave cb antenna plus an extra length of ali pole this willget me 10m / 32' up and they only cost around £25.hope this helps.Cheers Dave

I used some piping for the hanger with a C cell battery or large bolt taped to the end as a counter balance.

For a lofting pole i've got a telescopic shower curtain pole with a cut down drinks bottle on the end, pop the battery into the bottle and bobs your mothers brother.

It's not all that long but it reaches far enough up my mates cherry trees in his orchard.

Made mine from thin steel rod, bent to the right shape & attached a 3oz fishing weight to it, pole is an extendible landing net pole with a section of 2" plastic waste pipe on the end. I've also made my own bouncers & reckon together they improve my patterns 100%

i've decided to look into a lofting set. little look around the bay threw up this,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10m-Telescopic-Fibreglass-Pole-Flags-Windsocks-/120693758419?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Fishing_FishingRods_EH&hash=item1c19e899d3

10m telescopic flag pole. cheapest i found yet, and looks like it should manage the job.