suzuki jimney

Davyo

The standard tyres that come with them are more than good for off road pigeon shooting, big enough load space for one lot of gear, a bit crammped for two shooters, but roof bars help. If i am honest it has transformed my shooting and taken me to places i could not have shot carrying stuff. What i'm saying is go for it, i am certainly glad i did. :good::yes:

Brilliant off road and I mean really good, fold down the seats and decent space. If you only want to go down lanes etc and a bit off mud I would recommend a Daihatsu terios. I had the jimney and they are terrible on the road but like a landie some people enjoy that. I have had the terios in some rough spots and have yet to get stuck, the terios is bigger and way better on the road. The jimney is a gem off road so what do you need? If you have a car as well then maybe comfort wont bother you.

I had the jimney and they are terrible on the road but like a landie some people enjoy that.

I've had a Jimny for the last 18 months, and, whilst it's a little bumpy over potholes etc, it's nowhere near as noisy as a series Landrover.

Go for the Jimny, mate... But try to get a post-2002 model to avoid timing belt issues, or get it changed if you buy an older model.

Got a disco 3 as every day car and used off road alot. Got a Jimney shooting wagon. Jimney wins hands down off road, will go any where and don't have to worry about it to much. Not as comfy but alot less chance of sinking in fields!!!

As above, Disco 3 as an everyday car and a jimny as a shooting/lamping used for dirty jobs truck and if I had to cross a mountain I'd take the jimny everytime! I used to have a vitara swb an it was the same....you get strangely attached to suzuki's! :lol:

Yes mate, its still fine :good:

A few little bits have cracked on the rubber seal strips where the wheel arch joins the main body, but its only minor and it is rubber :blush:

Yeh, I was wondering how the lower plastic panels on the door would cope, those being pretty flexible.

Suppose you can always paint over it again :good:

Good motors and very capable of road

Ha-Ha so I have found you again BD :unsure: , been up Cleeve Cloud recently? Must meet up if we get the promised snow later this year for that sledging match. I still have the Jimny & L200,loadsa spanner work on hte L200 - just service the Jimny so reliable recently fitted new boots to the Jimny Goodyear Wranglers original size, they feel good on the road but as it's been so dry no real offroad test as yet.

I have fitted snowchains in the past, it becomes a 'micropanzer' goes anywhere.

Ha-Ha so I have found you again BD , been up Cleeve Cloud recently? Must meet up if we get the promised snow later this year for that sledging match. I still have the Jimny & L200,loadsa spanner work on hte L200 - just service the Jimny so reliable recently fitted new boots to the Jimny Goodyear Wranglers original size, they feel good on the road but as it's been so dry no real offroad test as yet.

I have fitted snowchains in the Ha-Ha so I have found you again BD , been up Cleeve Cloud recently? Must meet up if we get the promised snow later this year for that sledging match. I still have the Jimny & L200,loadsa spanner work on hte L200 - just service the Jimny so reliable recently fitted new boots to the Jimny Goodyear Wranglers original size, they feel good on the road but as it's been so dry no real offroad test as yet.

I have fitted snowchains in the past, it becomes a 'micropanzer' goes anywhere. I am looking into getting some good boots for the jimny how much did the wranglers set u back can't wait to kick your a.s on the sledgeing lol

:good::lol:

Nice comparison.

Ok I'm a bit old but for me the Jimny is the ultimate 'fun car' feels different great fun offroad, unlike most so called 'fun cars' that are little more than a 'blinged up shopping trolley.

Hi BD I went for std size tyres as my son 19 yrs is now driving it so didn't want to fit 'Ditchfinders' or risk putting 215 against the std 205, I brought my Wranglers from 'Camskill'( I was going for the new Continental 4x4 but there was a stocking problem) and got my m8 'dodgy' to fit them 5'er a corner. I had Toyo on before, the Wranglers feel much better and look cooler.

Bring on the snow boy, I have some old skis cheap winter sports - wait for snow then bunk off work :lol: I only have my lads old plastic sledge, may use one pair of skis to make a 'supersonic sledge', you should be ok to have a go on the 'nursery slopes' with it :blush:

Edited by Conygree