Newbie from Norwich

Bloggs

Hi, thought that I'd say hello as I've been perusing the forum for a couple of weeks now...

I live in the Norwich area and I've just started out in the clay busting business, I was introduced to it by a friend and I'm totally smitten, can't get enough :) It's been something that I've wanted to do for years but with other hobbies/interests just never got round to it....

I've just sent off my application for a license and I'm now looking to purchase a gun and take a few lessons. There seems to be a vast array to choose from....! I've been advised to look at a second hand Beretta or Browning to start with ;)

I really do like the look of the Browning Cynergy and the gun fits good, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this particular gun...? There seems to be mixed reviews about it from what I've read on the Internet.

Anyway, enough of me rambling on!

Thanks.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello , a guy who i shoot with has got a cynergy black ice , he loves it the only prob he's had with it was the ejectors jammed at a shoot (common prob so say , something came loose he said ) ?? anyway he took it back and they sorted it and had no probs since .I shoot it a few times and it was nice , but personally im a berreta man end of :good:

Edited by fruity

how do fella and welcome, you won't go wrong with either beretta or browning, depending on fit, i'd recommend a local shop that opens tues & thurs evenings :good:

Gram71, thanks for the welcome, which shop is it that is open late?

I went into Churchill's in Dereham on Friday and met a very nice chap called Steve. They had a second hand Cynergy which I very nearly left a deposit on - then I thought it's best to wait until the certificate is approved ;) We also discussed lessons as well. ;)

Many thanks for the warm welcome, I feel at home already :D

Whitebridges, I wasn't aware of the training at Taverham, I'll look them up on the internet and arrange some lessons, thanks for the recommendation :good:

No trouble, you could do worse than get a copy of Mike's book "Shooting made easy". Good luck with learning to shoot, i'm still trying and i've only been at it 40+ years. :D

hi to the two norwich newbies .

you cant go wrong with beretta !!!!!!!

us nowrwich boys aint a bad bunch so feel free to ask questions . you may get answers from the essex lot , but it would only revolve around spray tans and make up . nothing technical .

give us more info about ya sens so we can take the urine more precisly ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers

adi

Hi, thought that I'd say hello as I've been perusing the forum for a couple of weeks now...

I live in the Norwich area and I've just started out in the clay busting business, I was introduced to it by a friend and I'm totally smitten, can't get enough :) It's been something that I've wanted to do for years but with other hobbies/interests just never got round to it....

I've just sent off my application for a license and I'm now looking to purchase a gun and take a few lessons. There seems to be a vast array to choose from....! I've been advised to look at a second hand Beretta or Browning to start with ;)

I really do like the look of the Browning Cynergy and the gun fits good, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this particular gun...? There seems to be mixed reviews about it from what I've read on the Internet.

Anyway, enough of me rambling on!

Thanks.

Welcome to PW,

You'd do well to keep a look out for the next Norfolk Flush, it's probably as much fun as you can have in a field without any sheep.

Great fun, great bunch of people including the bloke who reckons his wife can't count for toffee.