its finished

monster1971

finally finished the series land rover it has only taken 11 months and serious ammounts of cash

new chassis and respray and a list too long to write but after it spent 7 years in a field its back on the road

now i jst have to get used to very little power and braking that needs a bit of forward planning

post-26028-0-09343100-1318779759.jpg

Nice, very nice.

Only spoiler (for me) is that silly osf wing mounted mirror.

Did you rebuild onto a new Galvanised chassis ?(where from)

Is it petrol or diesel ?

I might have some genuine 1972 Station wagon sides in my mums garage if you're interested ?

I had a 1972 Station wagon I was gonna do, got it stripped down, bought a s/h chassis that turned out to be wrong, lost a load of money, had parts stolen/lost, now only few bits left :/

Edited by TaxiDriver

Nearly 30 years old and still going, don't see much Jap **** with that longevity.

Nice job well done, and with galvanised chasis should be good for another 30 years.

YES I HAD A BROOM LIKE THE LANDY FOR 30 YEARS, IT ONLY HAD 28 HANDLES AND 14 HEADS. If we replaced everthing on our so called Jap **** you would see more of them about too. One thing all Land Rover owners have in common they are all realy good fitters wonder why? Jap owners do not need a spanner. Did you see the one on top gear?.

what a waste of 11 months and cash! should have got a jap 4x4 :good:

Now now, theres no need for that !!, ive got a jap 4wd but the old landy will probably be still going when the jap stuff is dead, Its just a shame they`re like driving a garden shed. Well done tho it looks tidy !! :good:

finally finished the series land rover it has only taken 11 months and serious ammounts of cash

new chassis and respray and a list too long to write but after it spent 7 years in a field its back on the road

now i jst have to get used to very little power and braking that needs a bit of forward planning

Hi Monster

You should have resprayed it yellow it would have matched the AA trucks that normally carry landrovers home

Geordie