norfolk firearms team

silpig5

well .... this isnt gonna make some people in other counties happy

but

posted cheque and s/g app form in door of wymundham hq on thursday 17th november , had call to book visit on friday 18th ,

home visit today 23rd and a defonate yes and "give it a week or two but proberbly next week " and your licence will be through .

now that is top notch service in my eyes , allbeit its my wifes first application and i have known the fao for 30+years .

the only stipulations which where obvious and he was aware that i had already done was 2 cabinets , 1 for my rifles and 1 for shotguns . so she was all above board .

the mind bogles as to why other forces take a lot of time , but i know rough background checks on her have been done when i got my fac so that speeds it up i spoze .

im well chuffed for her , so now she doesnt need a letter to go shopping for my cartridges ! :lol:

thumbs up again for norfolk ! :good: :good: :good: :good:

Would that FAO be the guy who turned up to my house in uniform (then) in a marked car with the siren going to check the storage for my 22-250? I asked him why he'd come to the house then and shut the door. I waited until he rang again and said you're not seeing the rifle but you're welcome to a cup of tea. He said why did you shut the door; well, I said you got all the neighbours out with the siren, making me look a wally, shutting the door in your face made you look a bigger one so we're quits.

He had his tea and tootled off - he never saw the rifle - the house was an RAF married quarter and we had to keep firearms in the station armoury - the location being clearly stated on my application.

These posts set me thinking.

First, it is a very good idea to praise your force for good service.

Second, a lot of police look at and are members of PW, as its the best around.

Third, since we can praise = why not name and shame - its anonymous, so that overcomes most shooters concerns.

I reckon it would be a good idea to start a points system for each of the counties with Members in for the police response to SGC and FAC renewals and variations (FAC).

Maybe BASC have a list we could pinch and then each force could measure their service by reference to the 'PW ratings'.

Its such a good idea I'll start. Cheshire FAO of the gentler sex is hopeless and doesnt know a rifle from darning needle and should be on a school crossing patrol rather than in charge of a firearms section. She has probably only read the first few paragraphs of the HO guidance - the bit about keeping the number of guns in private hands to a minimum. I havent seen her so I cant be influenced by her looks - she gets 1 out of 10. Any advances for other Cheshire shooters? N.B the previous Cheshire FEO gets 10 out of 10.

I'm in North East Met and get a different FEO each time. They are normally very long in turning things around but to be fair I was very impressed at the one week turn-around on my recent .308 1 fo 1 variation - they even removed the accompaniment condition (which in the opinion of this FEO was a ridiculous condition anyway).

Very near perfect this time around except they also removed my .308 ammo qty allocations so the FAC needs to be sent back in...

Very near perfect this time around except they also removed my .308 ammo qty allocations so the FAC needs to be sent back in...

that's harsh :lol: a friend of mine from the club had a few teething problems like that, they removed his 22lr and ammo by mistake, i also had a sec 1 shotty removed from fac and put on sgc :rolleyes: they were bloody quick sorting that out, and some of the girls in the office are rather pleasant on the eye to boot :good:

• 4 weeks later...

Devon and Cornwall are pretty good, took a few weeks for fac to be processed, Jimmy Clithero the FEO from Turo, top bloke, stated he doesnt shoot but applies common sense (I know its in short supply) when clearing land.

Took about a week after home visit for cert to come through.....SGC going in after Xmas, will have to see how long that takes...

well .... this isnt gonna make some people in other counties happy

but

posted cheque and s/g app form in door of wymundham hq on thursday 17th november , had call to book visit on friday 18th ,

home visit today 23rd and a defonate yes and "give it a week or two but proberbly next week " and your licence will be through .

now that is top notch service in my eyes , allbeit its my wifes first application and i have known the fao for 30+years .

the only stipulations which where obvious and he was aware that i had already done was 2 cabinets , 1 for my rifles and 1 for shotguns . so she was all above board .

the mind bogles as to why other forces take a lot of time , but i know rough background checks on her have been done when i got my fac so that speeds it up i spoze .

im well chuffed for her , so now she doesnt need a letter to go shopping for my cartridges ! :lol:

thumbs up again for norfolk ! :good: :good: :good: :good:

:stupid:

They've been doing my ticket now for 35years and I've never waited any longer than 3 weeks what more can one say. Whats this about funny hand shakes I always do it while standing on me head. :lol:

Edited by gamekeeper1960