Christmas decorations

kyska

Well, the time is nigh, when do you guts put up the tree and everything else?

I'm itching to do it now, I know there are some right grumpy, grinchs on here, but I love it, I love everything about christmas, the decorations, the moody build up.

What are you lot doing for Christmas? Small affair for us, just me the wife, child and MIL this year.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The later the better ,there are 12 days of xmas and 13 is one too many bah humbug.

Ah a grinch is among us, embrace it fenboy, I really don't understand the dislike of Christmas, food, beer, wine, excited children, people are actually nice to each other in the build up, the pubs are more jovial....great stuff.

love crimbo, gonna be skint again over the festive season but don't care!

decs are coming out of the loft tomorrow, so we'll see what goes where :santa:

Absolutely, makes no odds at all, we're skint on a few family members this year!...I miss my daughter mark 1 at this time of year though :|

Going to choose a tree this weekend with mark 2 this weekend....can't wait.

Even deviating from the whole turkey this year, thank God, only 3 adults, so will be doing a turkey crown, and a sirloin...yum.

It intrigues me when people associate christmas with friends, family, food and drink.

Most people can have their friends and family over any weekend they choose, christmas dinner is a roast with a few extra trimmings and you can have a drink any evening that you choose to.

I took the dogs for a run on Burnham beach on the 6th of November and there`s a shop with "Merry christmas and a happy new year". Mid November there`s christmas lights every where. Putting this stuff up 6 or 7 weeks before christmas is just plain crazy.

I normally hate it because of the build up and bad memories of past crimbos but this year it doesn't seem as bad. They started early on the ads but then it cooled off a bit. I actually feel like embracing it a bit this year. Certainly looking forward to a fortnight off to go Dabbing up at Dungie. If any PW members fancy a Dab off I'd be happy to engage.

Edited by ack-ack

It intrigues me when people associate christmas with friends, family, food and drink.

Most people can have their friends and family over any weekend they choose, christmas dinner is a roast with a few extra trimmings and you can have a drink any evening that you choose to.

I took the dogs for a run on Burnham beach on the 6th of November and there`s a shop with "Merry christmas and a happy new year". Mid November there`s christmas lights every where. Putting this stuff up 6 or 7 weeks before christmas is just plain crazy.

Because its an excuse, most people are on holidays, its a relaxed yet exciting time of year, it gives us an excuse to be together, with a cause more intuitive, as most people grew up enjoying Christmas.

They will be on Easter eggs back end of December :yes: BB

I am a bit two faced about Christmas . Outwardly I go along with it , help with the decs albeit begrudgingly and of course finance it .

Inwardly I really cannot be Rsed with it . Work is usually grim and gone are the days of a stuffed fridge. TV stinks and the x factor etc will reek even more . Cobblers to it .