Christmas decorations

kyska

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah a grinch is among us, embrace it fenboy, I really don't understand the dislike of Christmas, food, beer, wine, excited children, people are actually nice to each other in the build up, the pubs are more jovial....great stuff.

Hangovers / squits stressed mrs and kids , all the best stuff on telly xmas day when you cant watch it cause you have a house full (yes I know about sky plus but I am a tight wad , plus it costs me the price of a decent gun every year ! whats to like :unsure:

Having said that its better now the kids are grown up and I dont spend all my xmas day putting poxy stickers on the latest barbie doll camper van or horse trailer etc ;)

Im in the grinch camp,

Havnt enjoyed it for years so i dont bother,

easier for me as i live on me own,

i send cards but thats it,

stopped sending prezzies as it was getting silly, spending money you havnt got on things people dont want just because its Christmas.

BAH HUMBUG

:shaun:

I noticed a few houses already looking like the front of an Audi. Have heard a couple of Xmas songs on the wireless too :rolleyes: Whilst I love Christmas and am no scrooge, there's something fundamentally naff about having decorations up before December.

Ours will go up next weekend probably, but here's something for Kyska which should help usher in the Xmas spirit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qr-Y8aiHDg

I noticed a few houses already looking like the front of an Audi. Have heard a couple of Xmas songs on the wireless too :rolleyes: Whilst I love Christmas and am no scrooge, there's something fundamentally naff about having decorations up before December.

Ours will go up next weekend probably, but here's something for Kyska which should help usher in the Xmas spirit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qr-Y8aiHDg

Jut jubbly! :yes::good:

Ours normally go up 2nd week of december or when i've been up the farm to cut a tree down.

We used to have one in the house till I saw one go up in seconds a long time back. Now it sits outside on the patio. Downside - No Christmas tree smell...Upside - I can cut a bigger tree. :D Think last years was over 24 foot tall and dressed with lights.

Can't beat walking through a plantation past the usual 8 footers straight to the big ones with a chainsaw. :good: Downside is getting the bloody thing out once it hits the deck. :/

As much as I also enjoy Christmas, I do think november is a bit early too. :lol:

I don't put the decorations up till the week before Christmas, and take them down after the twelve days are done. Quiet time really, just me and my daughter, writing the cards next week. Can't even have a huge meal, (medical ********* diet!!), watching a few films (Not the **** on the telly), allowed a couple of beers over the week, so nothing too special. Not a grinch, just don't really get into the xmas thing since the kids grew up.