Guns Taken By Police

sixhills 69

Justintime - you have posted on here seeking sympathy for your plight, but you happily mock others.

Perhaps the Police got it right in both cases.

It aint my plight just helping the fight, You have not seen or are likely to see letters etc recived from the police after haveing to literaly twist their arms off to obtain it nor have you seen the signed admission of evidence withheld from the court by the assistant chief counstable contrary to Kavana v Chief constable devon and cornwall 1974 judgment where ALL evidence shall be placed before the crown upon which the chief constable had relied.I realy can not be bothered with you.One day you might wake up and smell the roses.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you will find the organisation are harder on us due to the stupid fact you have just posted against me ** i did nothing wrong or illegal**

Police officers and Police Staff work hard and are treated like **** as if we **** up it hits the papers if you **** up only your mates know about it. sorry but get a life and get your facts straight if i was wrong i would have just lost my job as well as my guns.

Are you related to the *** that complained :lol::lol:

No nither have others but they had to justify the cost some how and get a result no matter how

Edit : that's weird!

Edit, edit: double weird !!!!

Gordon R, I think you may have cracked it...

I admit I don't always read every post in a thread but some do require a thorough reading before comment. Often those which include mention of police and guns

Edited by HDAV

I have to go for my telling off first good thing about working for the police they always like to be right and justify there actions my chat with the firearms dept is on thursday so i should have everything back by the weekend.

I would like to say thanks to all those that have supported me and stood by me from the start i would not wish my experiance on anyone Thanks again :yes::yes:

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Excellent result, I hope your "meeting" goes well. this is a lesson to all of us and we should learn from it. I usually clean my guns in the garage with the doors open. The light in my garage is poor. I often look down the barrels to make sure they are clean and not damaged in any way. When I do this they are pointing out of the garage (barrels are off the gun) so the day light shines down them. Will be extra careful in the future.

Scan read most of the post but one thing struck me.

If you get an accusation from somebody who decides to polish up thier story a bit, "shot was raining on our heads" " cycled the gun three times" or whatever, remember they soon get leant on pretty hard by the police to be sure of their facts, they will also get a warning about purgery in court if they are telling pork pies. It may take a while but usually the truth comes out that they didn't see much or half the things they said happened only happened in their heads. The police and cps won't go on with a case with only a shakey statement but they will lean on you pretty hard just in case the story is true.

So stick to your facts, don't embelish your own defence and hire the best resources you can to help you stick to the truth as you understand it.

Ok here we go i will try and keep it simple i went for the interview and the person i thought was interveiwing me was on day off.

I was introduced sat down and i was asked to give my explination of the events which i did and there seemed to be no returned questions they excepted what i had said as fact i used local down loaded maps for illustration to help them understand.

The officer that made the report stated i looked and sound drunk " i explained that yes i had been drinking that evening i explained what i had drunk and i also mentioned that i had taken my sleeping tablets and other medication as i have a disability"

I was asked were i shoot and what other hobbies i still have and i asked again was i being charged or arrested for any thing and the Replie was no.

Due to me being disabled and on medication they have now asked for permission to contact my GP to see if there are any side affects from my medication or have i had any mental incidents or depression scince my last check which was on my inital application.

As I have not and i have made contact with the surgery as they are all new and i have spoken with the practice manager and brought her up to date she had a quick look and could not find anything that flashed out at her.

Also the Two main landowners i shoot for both well known and respected business men have both offered to write a refference to explain my conduct and abilitys, My Union can only help with the items taken and find out why a full inventary was not made

and given at the time and also complain about the handeling of this incident from start to finsih and BASC i feel rether let down to be honest.

I am unable to make a coplaint to the IPCC as i can not complain about the force i work for :sly:

if any of you have any other ideas please i would be greatful for you to run the past me.

Kind Regards

PS on the comment about drinking of alcohol as he was trying to imply it was an everday thing so i just mentioned that i start early in the morning i have work for 7 years in a full control room and would'nt someone have picked up on the smell of alcohol at work and reported me??

Edited by sixhills 69

You failed to mention earlier in the thread you had been drinking and taking tablets...then you decided to get your gun out :blink:

And your surprised at what happened next,always 2 sides to a story!

Not surprised your unhappy with BASC,i've had it twice with them not helping..although to be fair it sounds like you kinda brought it on yourself.

Had a lot of sympathy for you until i read this :no:

The officer that made the report stated i looked and sound drunk " i explained that yes i had been drinking that evening i explained what i had drunk and i also mentioned that i had taken my sleeping tablets and other medication as i have a disability"

Due to me being disabled and on medication they have now asked for permission to contact my GP to see if there are any side affects from my medication or have i had any mental incidents or depression scince my last check which was on my inital application.

As I have not and i have made contact with the surgery as they are all new and i have spoken with the practice manager and brought her up to date she had a quick look and could not find anything that flashed out at her.

Also the Two main landowners i shoot for both well known and respected business men have both offered to write a refference to explain my conduct and abilitys, My Union can only help with the items taken and find out why a full inventary was not made

if any of you have any other ideas please i would be greatful for you to run the past me.

Kind Regards

They will probably be looking at the fact you'd had a drink and taken sleeping tablets, not the best way to be when handling firearms.

You've done the right thing by contacting your doctors surgery, and by the sounds of it there should be nothing there to indicate you're a risk.

Get the landowners to write references for you as soon as possible, and anyone else who knows you and can vouch for your character. The more the merrier, not just people from the shooting world, but employers/ex employers/fishing club members/local bigwigs etc.

The above may help, but at the end of the day the Chief constable makes the decision as to whether you get your guns back and it's him you have to convince that you're no risk to yourself or the public.

Good luck fella.

I really dont mean to be cruel here but if you consider your updated version of events I think it is highly unlikely you are getting your guns back mate :(

What exactly did you think you were going to achieve by handling your firearm whilst under the influence of drugs and alcohol??? I hope I'm wrong as I am sure your a really nice guy but I think the Police will er on the side of caution which is to ensure the publics safety, thus no guns for the man they know plays with his gun after drinking and taking sleeping tablets.

Firstly, I have only just found this, don't know how I missed it. Sorry to hear of this non incident going bad for you Sixer.

I have to say this really does sound like an over reaction if my understanding that a ticket holder's vehicle, name and address are flagged as being an FAC holder is correct. Yes, officers should attend and investigate but a ticket holder has already been determined to be a decent and sensible fellow by people who know him quite well such as friends and family, and then his FEO made a decision about him based on that information and his instinct in a non stress assessment.

He seems to have been treated as dodgy until decided innocent from the very outset and would be intimidated with THREE ARU teams outside. He's been told there are no charges so there is no suggestion ammo was out, and the police seem to be giving credence to the untested plonker who got all OMG about a laser being pointed out of a doorway late at night.

Be honest please guys - how many of us have mounted a scope indoors on an unloaded and unbolted rifle and not shouldered it and pointed it through (not out of) a window to see if it's at the correct eye relief etc. I was at a RFD's yesterday and shouldered some dummy stocks with display scopes on and pointed them in the direction of an open back door. Someone might have seen me, and I might have had a drink and medication.

It's not a crime even if he's had a drink and took his sleeping tablets. He would have had no reason to have drawn ammo or place a bolt in the rifle. He's also presumably a shift worker with bodyclock issues to keep in mind and needing to do his thang at other times to most day time workers. I'm a shift worker and do most of my gun work overnight on my night off - or after work at 4~5AM. I'm thinking his main oversight was to do what he did in a lit room that highlighted him - thats not a crime.

EDIT: PS I am teetotal.

Edited by Dave-G

Be honest please guys - how many of us have mounted a scope indoors on an unloaded and unbolted rifle and not shouldered it and pointed it through (not out of) a window to see if it's at the correct eye relief etc. I was at a RFD's yesterday and shouldered some dummy stocks with display scopes on and pointed them outside through an open back door. Someone might have seen me, and I might have had a drink and medication.

I can safely say I've never pointed one out of a house window where it could be viewed by a house opposite. This case is a slight over reaction but in todays climate and with an employee the force has to be seen to be whiter than white. Look at the flack cumbria got after the last incident when something goes wrong the entire history of a license holder gets looked into and everything has to be right. They can't sweep anything under the carpet and if they have a report of one of their own pointing guns out of doors while under the influence then really it doesn't look good at all. The Chief constable really in my mind only has one option to keep his life easy and thats probably a revoke unless you work very hard at it. BASC will advise you but they can't perform miracles or plough money into hopeless cases that wouldn't be in the general memberships interest. Personally I have no idea what the right course of action is in this case as now the facts are out they don't look good.