best fish n chips,local to you?

hushpower

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got a chippie within walking distance of my house called The Wotton British Take Away. The fish is very good.

There's a few things in this town called The British something. There's a school called The British School for example.

I think it might be to do with the Berkeley family but I'm not 100% sure.

Possibly an award for pointless thread of the year.

What's the point of comparing local fish & chip shops that no one else knows of, has ever tasted or is ever likely to.

Murphy's in Churchill is good, the chippy in Congresbury is OK, come and try them.

Is that butcher carvery thing still open?

Which one is that?

There's a take away carvery from the local chip shop on a Sunday which is great as you get loads and it saves any preparation or washing up.

For example the lamb carvery you get, few slices of lamb, sausage in bacon, yorkshire pud, loads of roasties, choice of 3 veg from 6 and a pot of gravy all for £6.75. Desserts are about £2.75 for a decent sized portion of apple crumble. :good:

I take it all back this is a great thread after all :P

W.Rowe in Stevenage are winning lots of awards at the moment and are very good, but my favourite is my friends Fish and Chip take away and restuarent "Fish Central" in Central Street N1, 5 minute walk from Angel underground, reservations only for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, people queue for a table. If in London give it a go, they also serve good beer and wines.

Kingfisher at Calder Grove, Wakefield about 4 miles from home but the one in the village is a Chinese which as a Chinese is average (and thats being generous)but as a chippy its dire. Theres a couple more that are a little closer but the Kingfisher wins out.

Rules for a good chippy, must fry in beef dripping and its got to be haddock.

I still don't know what "Big foot relations 4/44 miles radius?" means :sly:

And nor do I!

oh come on.....

Big foot has an uncle/aunt/grandad/grandma (4) that live in a 44 (44) mile radius of each other

thus bigfoot relations 4/44 miles radius.....

does that clear it up for you?

:shaun: