pigeons flocks

paul1989

Not sure where to post this, but it may help some members. I was near Waverham Cheshire today near the river Weaver fishing some pools for Pike and from about 2.30pm until 4pm there was a flight line through the area I was at, groups of from under ten to twenty birds, some groups of fifty to a hundred, passing over 30 yards up, some lower, a constant stream of them. Well over one thousand flying in the general direction of Chester. Have no permission there, no gun, and no Pike either !! tough day but great to see the Pigeons.

Not sure where to post this, but it may help some members. I was near Waverham Cheshire today near the river Weaver fishing some pools for Pike and from about 2.30pm until 4pm there was a flight line through the area I was at, groups of from under ten to twenty birds, some groups of fifty to a hundred, passing over 30 yards up, some lower, a constant stream of them. Well over one thousand flying in the general direction of Chester. Have no permission there, no gun, and no Pike either !! tough day but great to see the Pigeons.

around the a50 derby/swadlincote exit theyre flocking nicely over lettuce fields and the fresh ploughed areas.plenty plenty but lotsa small farms so youd need about 10 different permissions to get them.also loads of pheasents just up from there at hartsorne trying to nutt your radiator at hoofies farm just need arf a million quid to buy it and id be smiling

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I don't get excited about the pigeons flocking, because as already has been said, one bang and they're off to another field where no one bothers them. Trouble is, we've got to show the farmers that we're trying.

I've had a go today, to no avail.

Found a nice rape field ,where the pigeon were just constantly pouring in to it. As soon as we started to set up, they were off and never came back. Didn't really surprise me. There's always another place for them not too far away.

I find it much better if you can find a wood where they have an after rape nap. A couple of lofters high up, then hope for the best.

Easier said than done I know.

Best of luck, we're gonna need it.