christmas dinner

Old Bull

• 2 weeks later...

Aperitif: Champagne.

Starter: Crayfish tails and smoked salmon.

Main: A cockerel I won at my club xmas shoot, gammon and all the trimmings.

Dessert: Various cheeses or xmas pud.

I have a very good Italian friend who worries about what I drink in England. He sent me over this year two bottles of red, a Barolo and a Brunello di Montalcino with two half bottles of Recioto di Gambellara for cheese/dessert. No supermarket stuff for him, only top flight producers so I shall drink, savour and enjoy. Buona salute Bruno :friends:

What time would you like me round??? :lol:

Aperitif: Champagne.

Starter: Crayfish tails and smoked salmon.

Main: A cockerel I won at my club xmas shoot, gammon and all the trimmings.

Dessert: Various cheeses or xmas pud.

I have a very good Italian friend who worries about what I drink in England. He sent me over this year two bottles of red, a Barolo and a Brunello di Montalcino with two half bottles of Recioto di Gambellara for cheese/dessert. No supermarket stuff for him, only top flight producers so I shall drink, savour and enjoy. Buona salute Bruno :friends:

what time would you like me round???

Sounds lush.

I butchered my turkey today, am doing it slightly different this year so have boned out the legs and will stuff them with sausage meat and cook them next to the main joint. Have crowned the rest and made amazing stock with the wings and bones.

It's a Norfolk Bronze so should be good. Really red flesh, looks like beef.

breakfast is gonna be smoked salmon with fresh cream scrambled eggs , champayne .

xmas dinner is a huge leg of lamb that is now going in oven for 6 hrs , it will have a chicken on the side for a bit of light meat .

tea is the usual seafood platter and cheeses , followed by 10 yr old port .

happy getting fatter day boys n girls .

my diet starts again january 10th !

I'm just about to tuck into a starter of home smoked salmon with potato salad and caviar. Formmain course I've done pheasant, partridge, chicken, slow roast beef brisket and venison with braised red cabbage and a mountain of roast spuds, bread sauce and sprouts cooked with bacon and chestnuts. Pudding will mostly be black forest gateau or cheese. On the table we have a btl of champagne some Pinot grigio and (for

Me) a magnum of 2002 chateau de terrefort quancard Bordeaux superieur.

Edited by hendersons