Gobby teen ejected from train by fellow passenger

Doc Holliday

He hardly got beat up, just dumped off the train and a graze on his face, come down to A and E with me on a friday night and I will show you what beaten up means

maybe not beaten up,but still,didnt deserve that,could have been handled a lot different,they jumped the gun,he was in the wrong no doubt,if he was lying about ticket,but 2 wrongs dont make a right,thats all im saying,at 19 he s still wet behind the ears,some go to war,some go to mcdonalds,not all youngsters are the same.i know kids that have their own shotguns ans shoot regular,i have three boys,that i personally wouldnt let have one and ive had guns for years,their just not suited to or bothered with the same things i do.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no time whatsoever for the abusive little cretin - a nasty little piece of work - I would be ashamed if he had been my son.

You can argue the rights and wrongs until the cows come home, but I will wager the man faces assault charges. He steamed in and put the lad off the train, even though it was not his place. I don't agree that it was right, but I can see some justification. However, when the lad tried to re-board the man threw him quite hard down on to the platform. That was not reasonable force - it was excessive.

I still think his ego ran away with him. I suspect he now regrets it - might lose his job, get a criminal record - whereas the cretin has suddenly become a victim, who might even get compensation.

Funny old world.

I have no time whatsoever for the abusive little cretin - a nasty little piece of work - I would be ashamed if he had been my son.

You can argue the rights and wrongs until the cows come home, but I will wager the man faces assault charges. He steamed in and put the lad off the train, even though it was not his place. I don't agree that it was right, but I can see some justification. However, when the lad tried to re-board the man threw him quite hard down on to the platform. That was not reasonable force - it was excessive.

I still think his ego ran away with him. I suspect he now regrets it - might lose his job, get a criminal record - whereas the cretin has suddenly become a victim, who might even get compensation.

Funny old world.

bang on,my feelings too,dont agree with what any of them did. but innocent till proven guilty as they say,who knows the scumbag might well have made a genuine mistake with ticket,and got stroppy as teenagers do when they know their right and the whole worlds against them,cmon men,we ve all been teenagers.

I'm 22/23 I have a family of my own, but when I'm with my dad if I swear I get a slap round the head. Imo foul language in front elderly people, children or women is totally unacceptable

very good and true,but you cant abuse,man handle ,hit people for it.thats my point.

Ok I sort of understand. In the eyes of the law no you carnt assault the yobbo. But morally why should 10-15 even 20 people for-fit their right to get home on a service they have paid for and listen to the foul language coming out of his mouth. The young children could of been terrified, thinking that a mad man was on the train

Having worked on and off with/for the Conservative party I can assure you I am not confused when it comes to political ideals and opinions.

Also I always have to remember there is a good Doc and a bad one on here. I am very sure which one has his tongue grafted into the rectal orifice of this 'big man' who is causing such a stir!

;)

Ooh baby, calm down and laugh a little, wont be long until a general election! :good:

Ooh baby, calm down and laugh a little, wont be long until a general election! :good:

Its an referendum on Scottish independence I'm looking forward to, if that passes we need never have another general election, the Conservative Reich will last a thousand years if we lose all those reds.

They interviewed the kid on the news on C5 this evening,

He didn't come across as a complete scrote, amitted he should NOT have been swearing as he did, and did appear to have a plausible explanation for having the wrong portion of the ticket (I say plausible as I have been a Train Guard/Revenue Protection Inspector)

I can understand the youths' frustration at having some beligerent Old guy refuse to even listen to his explanation.

According to the news item, he wasn't going to make a complaint but the Police came to him for a statement and he has now given a statement and is willing for Police to press charges.

Ok I sort of understand. In the eyes of the law no you carnt assault the yobbo. But morally why should 10-15 even 20 people for-fit their right to get home on a service they have paid for and listen to the foul language coming out of his mouth. The young children could of been terrified, thinking that a mad man was on the train

see your point,i too would be upset at the language in front of women and kids especially,but thats life,does happen all over place,not nice but nothing stopped them moving to another seat away from it all,shouldnt have to i know,but lifes a bitch,but still cant hit pepole for it or your has bad as them sadly

and did appear to have a plausible explanation for having the wrong portion of the ticket (I say plausible as I have been a Train Guard/Revenue Protection Inspector)

I can understand the youths' frustration at having some beligerent Old guy refuse to even listen to his explanation.

I know the guard involved he ain't no beligerent old guy,well oldish maybe.He's as quiet and mild mannered as they come and it must have taken something extreme for him to insist the guy left the train.How long had this been going on before someone decides to film it,he could have been abusive from the start rather than give a simple explanation and produced the other identical ticket.

You must have come up against plenty who have lited a ticket from the carriage floor and claim it to be there own but somehow it was wrongly issued.

It happened on a Friday most people probably on there way home from work and most paid there fares. Weather up here was pretty **** at the time and this kid was holding everyone up. People defending him still, saying that it was none of the other passengers business well if he was holding your train up what would you do? Pay for his ticket? I doubt that you would. Everyone bar one on the train praised the man for what he did and I do as well.

And of course the police would press charges on the man, he's an easy target isnt he.

I know the guard involved he ain't no beligerent old guy,well oldish maybe.He's as quiet and mild mannered as they come and it must have taken something extreme for him to insist the guy left the train.How long had this been going on before someone decides to film it,he could have been abusive from the start rather than give a simple explanation and produced the other identical ticket.

You must have come up against plenty who have lited a ticket from the carriage floor and claim it to be there own but somehow it was wrongly issued.

It'll all come out in court

If my 19 year old son fare dodged, got caught, was abusive and was then evicted from the train - I would pat the man on the back that did it.

I agree with this. When I was a kid (not that long ago) I wouldn't dare behave badly at school because I knew my feet wouldn't touch the floor once my Dad found out. That was more scary than any detention.

People who raise these horrible little brats are like certain 'right wingers' posting on this thread. Lets get facts straight:

-BTP and the usual rozzers wouldn't show up in time. They never do. Even if they did, they wouldn't (and couldn't) administer a proper punishment so that he'd be afraid to do it again (or re-raise the disrespectful little scrote for that matter for that's what he needs). If he has no respect for elderly people and women/young kids, what makes you think he would have any respect for the police?

-Saying 'what if he cracked his skull on the kerb' is a bit dramatic, if the idiot hadn't behaved like that then the situation where he could be hurt wouldn't have arisen.

-The big man IS NOT A BULLY - if he was he would have been having a go at the old gent or some other innocent person. I assume he was sitting minding his own business like everyone else when chose to back up the guard and eject swearing tax dodging charver. It's not like he didn't have a chance beforehand to pay up or leave of his own accord? What happened to 'fair cop guv'?

-Some people have said 'it's only a fare for the train'. I'm sorry but society and respect begins with the little things. Install some degree of boundaries over basic rights and wrongs and the rest will follow.

I applaud the big man, society as a whole would benefit from more people like him being willing to uphold the law, thereby making the criminal element think twice

It happened on a Friday most people probably on there way home from work and most paid there fares. Weather up here was pretty **** at the time and this kid was holding everyone up. People defending him still, saying that it was none of the other passengers business well if he was holding your train up what would you do? Pay for his ticket? I doubt that you would. Everyone bar one on the train praised the man for what he did and I do as well.

And of course the police would press charges on the man, he's an easy target isnt he.

I don't think ANYONE has defended him here have they?

It's the actions of the 'Big Guy' that are in question as far as I can see, with most on here apparently all in favour of, zero tollerence, summary judgements and vigilante action... Irespective of whether or not you think this guy is a local 'hero' or not and whether the kid did anything wrong or not... he asaulted that kid.

Do you REALLY want a world that bypasses the authorities and acts as it sees fit ???

I applaud the big man, society as a whole would benefit from more people like him being willing to uphold the law, thereby making the criminal element think twice

He hasn't upheld the law... he's broken it... he's assaulted another person... there is no question. There is no self defence going on and in the absence of either that or protecting others from harm or property from damage, he had absolutely no legal justification in manhandling him and throwing him to the ground.

Edited by Vipa

-Saying 'what if he cracked his skull on the kerb' is a bit dramatic, if the idiot hadn't behaved like that then the situation where he could be hurt wouldn't have arisen.

tell that to the family of a fella i know who s doing life for murder for pushing someone in an argument who fell backwards ,hit his head and died of heamoridge(spelling)

taught me a lesson to keep my hands im my pockets

tell that to the family of a fella i know who s doing life for murder for pushing someone in an argument who fell backwards ,hit his head and died of heamoridge(spelling)

must be more to that as would try him for manslaught... :good:

I very much doubt any jury on earth would find someone guilty of murder in that situation.

sorry,prob was manslaughter,but was charged with murder,big argument,few people,one was pushed,gone,silly,but happens. few years back this was mind ,still inside too.

edit. just found link to story,and according to papers it was worse than i was told,suppose to have been a few blows thrown,but basically started over youngsters stealing,and vigilanties after revenge and a man was killed,and a minor threatned with drowning.let police do their job i say,their payed for it.and dont allways read what papers say,theres allways more to it .

Edited by codling99

It wasn't 'reasonable force' at all and the courts will no doubt throw the book at him..

The problem is, if they vindicate his actions and turn him into some kind of 'hero' for what he did, then what message are they sending out.... that it's OK to wade in and get physical whenever you feel like it! and that would be a VERY bad message to send BECAUSE IT ISN'T OK! unless you are acting in self defence or protecting others from harm.

I think he will look back on what he did and really regret it!

Looks like a complaint's been made against our national 'hero'

The guy who filmed it even said: "I was actually going to get this guy his ticket but he was that impolite I was just like 'no, I'm going to film you'."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-16177725

Edited by margun