HOW WELL DID WE SHOOT TODAY 2012 EDITION

100milesaway

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did the Olympic Trap GB shoot at bisley on the weekend. First time I have ventured into a GB shoot for a year or two. Light was pretty bad, and it was pretty cold which didn't help. Shot a 74 on day one, 81 on day 2, 155 ex 200. Pleased with that for a 'Wheely'. Forgot how friendly and how much fun the bigger shoots are. Shot next to Ed Ling all day, really nice guy. Exceptions to every rule no doubt, but im sure in this shooting game the bigger the star, the nicer they are.

*first class :sly:

Did you manage to get your gun cabinet open this time? :o

First of all, **** up a rope :yes:

Secondly, **** up another rope :good:

What are your opinions on the serving hatch ?

The serving hatch was adequate, however I intend to start a poll. :yes:

Are you going back there on Sunday Al? England Sporting Selection shoot at Coniston :hmm:

Doubt it Nick, what with the Essex thingy on Friday. I'll be spent!! :D

BTW, any news on the New Truter??

Edited by canthitathing

Well shot Coniston today, the targets had been set by Keith Roe and were trying, with maybe a tad too many distancy, hanging in the air type clays which proved difficult. I think Phil Rowbottom won it with an 89, Martin Mayers and Graham Sturzaker 84/85, I think top lady had a 70 which i believe was Linda Grayson second i believe was Rachael Carrie on a 68 and i struggled to get 65 but i don't know where that put me in the ladies. I then drove back to Marne Barracks for a 40 bird charity shoot where i only managed a 24 and just scrapped by to an embarressing win in ladies . I think Steve Masters won the shoot with a 35, but i.m sure Mr Potter will post soon with more up to date scores from Coniston and Northern Gunner will update us from Marne. from a tired old buzzard Auntie... ;)

Well shot Coniston today, the targets had been set by Keith Roe and were trying, with maybe a tad too many distancy, hanging in the air type clays which proved difficult. I think Phil Rowbottom won it with an 89, Martin Mayers and Graham Sturzaker 84/85, I think top lady had a 70 which i believe was Linda Grayson second i believe was Rachael Carrie on a 68 and i struggled to get 65 but i don't know where that put me in the ladies. I then drove back to Marne Barracks for a 40 bird charity shoot where i only managed a 24 and just scrapped by to an embarressing win in ladies . I think Steve Masters won the shoot with a 35, but i.m sure Mr Potter will post soon with more up to date scores from Coniston and Northern Gunner will update us from Marne. from a tired old buzzard Auntie... ;)

Wake up Auntie, Scores update from Marne as follows:

High Gun: Steve Masters 35/40

Joint Second: Mike Foster and John Hutchinson 33/40

Veteran: John Ord 31/40

Ladies: Auntie 24/40

Junior: Tim Flintoft 21/40

99 entries and total raised from Shoot and Raffle for Organ Donors Charity was just over £900 :good:

Many Thanks to all who attended and also the helpers on the day. An excellent result apart from having to handover the High Gun to STEVE :angry: :angry:

Attended the charity shoot today at Park Lodge.. What a beautiful gang hut. The targets were good and varied, and the rain held off untill around lunch time. High Gun was Shaun Bramley on 110/120, 2nd was Mike Pennington on 105, I shot round with Mark Wild and Shaun Gory, Shaun and I ended up 90/120 which earned Shaun 1st in class and me 1st in ladies. I think "cant hit a thing" got a 2nd in class. A good time was had by all and hopefuuly lots of money was made for the charity. The weather put a bit of a downer on attendance with around 90 shooters on the day.from Auntie. :good:

Well shot Auntie,

Al might have to change his username ;)

I got 21/25 Skeet and 23/25 Compact which means im finally starting to hit things with the new gun :good:

Well until next time that is

:shaun:

You're right Shauauauaun, however I'm thinking occasionallycanhitsomething is a bit of a mouthfull. Might just have usuallycrap.......