Sparrow Hawk

GREENGRASS

I went to liaise with a local farmer to confirm what new permission I had coming my way. Well arrived at the location prompt “no farmer” vehicle now parked on side of roadway. Decide to grab binoculars and take a walk “mooch” after about 50 yards begin to view the lie of the land “scan” for it’s potential. There are numerous avian species in the middle of a water logged field about 70 yards out consisting of starlings, black birds, fieldfare ect ect. The light is poor so camera left in vehicle yes it’s in sight.

Then all the birds get up and I observe a Sparrow Hawk in full fight take a starling out of the air on the wind. To observe in real time I must admit is something special and something I will never forget.

Sparrow Hawk then fly’s with the starling still shrieking to a nearby tree. Now this is where I would have given Usain Bolt a run for his money over 50 yards that is. Boot open camera out straight onto tripod and off I go up side of field I don’t have permission on with bull’s in it “dynamic risk assessed” no. Collateral damage for the shot oh yes. Unfortunately I can only get a few shots off through foliage and had to manually focus due to foliage in front of hawk.

Not one of my better shots however thought some might enjoy. ;)

GG :blush: