Sea Fishing

old rooster

I've been doing a fair bit of sea fishing over the past few years following the decline in pigeon numbers locally, my first boat was a QS 500 followed by a QS620 which I still have as a trailer boat and I've just bought this one to put on dry stack at Portland.

Anybody else do a bit of sea fishing?

Paul

IMG_0011.jpg

Very nice , never had my own boat but done a good bit not for several years , we used to make the trip to whitby fairly regular ,but the fishing is not what it was I am told , used to go off yarmouth too on night trips and had some decent cod.

Still got some boat gear but only beach fish now as with travel bait and charter its just not worth the cost for the return your likely to get ,I do miss it though !

very nice mate, enjoy.

Sad to say round here the fishing has been rubbish for years. I know i'll sound like a rose tinted spectacled old *** but 30 years ago you could be pretty much guaranteed a few nice cod off the beach and a double figure one every few trips, nowadays you're lucky to see one at all.

very nice mate, enjoy.

Sad to say round here the fishing has been rubbish for years. I know i'll sound like a rose tinted spectacled old *** but 30 years ago you could be pretty much guaranteed a few nice cod off the beach and a double figure one every few trips, nowadays you're lucky to see one at all.

Yep a beauty!

Same down here (Exmouth) except it would be 50 years. Did get a boat as the shore was useless but got fed up working on the cliff top rifle range all week in glorious weather and waiting for the weekend which arrived together with a howling gale as often as not so sold it. Did think about another but Exmouth Dock is now Exmouth Marina and I'm priced out of the market!

PS ...... and, no, Jasper, you are NOT getting me in one of those things!

• 3 weeks later...

Our boat club (Wirral Small Boat Club) season kick on the 29th April ... we have had a long break since the winter season ended, I've boat fished for many years ... first match is a flattie match, good Plaice, Flounders, Dabs, to be had and occasional Sole. Turbot rare, but they can be had, if you're lucky .... and if you're very lucky Brill .... maybe !!

Yes i do quiet a bit from boat and beach i have got a day booked from whitby next Saturday should be a good day Pollock and cod will be over wrecks i will let you all know how we get on :D

ps your boat is a cracker mate i can only dream lol

What boat you booked on PC? We go out a lot on Pete's new boat 'Sea Urchin'. Cracking skipper and had some fantastic fish off it.

Do as much beach fishing as I can, like to target bass along the NE coast. For all those who fish out of whitby I read a 54lb halibut has been caught recently.

yes i think it was caught on a boat that i normally go on whitby trot on skippered by paul had some really cracking days on there i ant had out that size though