Super Sport of maxus?

shooters

I found the Supersport fitted and handled better, but I didn't like the stepped rib and they kick like mules with heavy loads.

Another + is the comb pieces are interchangeable.

I couldn't get the Maxus to fit me properly, didn't like the little skinny stock, jammed a few times, main spring snapped (apparently this problem has been resolved and a new better quality spring is used)

+ side, felt recoil was very minimal, even with 3.5'' fowling loads.

Super sport. I test fired around 100 through the maxus around sporting targets, then bought a ss without even picking one up. I made the right choice.

I can't really put into words why the ss is better, all I can say is its fast handling, quick to get on the second target, ultra reliable, doesn't need much cleaning, throws great patterns, looks nice and costs a bit...

I looked at both in the same shop

Both in carbon fibre finish.Handled both and the supersport just felt so much better to handle.The finish is top class the maxus finish felt more of a rubbery type carbon quite sticky .Had mine for 4 months now and never looked back.It has never jammed and a joy to shoot .Only down fall is if the gun dosent fit lenght wise the replacement butt pads are £85

not owned a maxus but did have a flanigan which is just about the same gun. In my opinion the supersport is in a completely different league, but with a rrp of pretty much double the maxus it should be. The supersport is so nice, my mate tried mine and went straight out and bought one, he didnt do that after trying the sx3.

Owned a SS and borrowed a mates Maxus for a few hundred clays. I would echo what everyone on here has said so far. The SS is far superior in everywhere with the exception of the speed loading mechanism of the Maxus. that said it would not deter me from buying another SS. The look and shoot superbly. One I would say as well though is that the SS costs nearly a third more even in the second hand market. If you budget can stretch you go for SS

Last point that no one has mentioned the SS is louder. Significantly :rolleyes: . Due to a ported barrel

I shoot a SS and my mate shoots a brand new Maxus. Yes the SS is very loud :yes: and does kick, but the clever stock takes most of the kick out for my money - no loose fillings or sore shoulders here! Having said that, the Maxus is softer, shoots just as well, has the speed loader (which I wouldn't use anyway!) and is cheaper. BUT - my mate has taken his maxus back for the third time today after regular jamming and because it is an intermittent problem, it never does it at the shop (Typical!), but after the shop had put only 50 rounds through it, I was suprised at the amount of carbon build-up on the cylinder, whereas I have very little cleaning to do on the Benelli SS, even after a 300 cartridge day! :good: Both great guns, but it would be the SuperSport for me every time..

I have the maxus sporting carbon in 5 shot, it shoots sooooo fast!! the speed load is good on a cold day and i like the unload facility.Mine has only had a couple of thousand carts through it, may even clean it soon,....never missed a beat!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I have the maxus sporting carbon in 5 shot, it shoots sooooo fast!! the speed load is good on a cold day and i like the unload facility.Mine has only had a couple of thousand carts through it, may even clean it soon,....never missed a beat!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Evil Elvis how the hell did you get my wife to pose for all them pictures..I have a job to get just one :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Still to the point tried the ss and the browning then got a beretta

Not going to lie, I have never ever looked at benellis.

I got the maxus after weighing it up against SX3. It's a great gun. It won't cycle short cartridges but I don't feed it anything less than 70mm and I'm fine,(weight of the shot isn't the issue). Speed loading is very handy and I have used it whilst hunting on a few occasions. My only dislike on the maxus is the ability to lock the magazine with two shells in it. There is a side lever on the gun and I have caught it on hay bale twine before and I have also 'flicked' the lever across whilst removing the gun from its case. In my opinion if you want the gun safe, just empty it.

By the sounds of things though, the benelli is the way to go :good:

Ive never tried the maxus so I can't comment on the gun or its difference to the SS. However I've had my SS about a year now bought new from Premier Guns and its been faultless.

Ive got through (literally) countless different O/U's over the last 2 years but the Benelli is the one gun I shall never sell.

The only slight gripe I have is that the recoil pads can scuff (as mine has) and at £80 for a replacement they aint cheap.

What didnt you like about it? :hmm:

I have fiddled with it all ways to get it to fit even adding 3 spacers. I also find it a bit light (which I can live with as I also have a Flanigun) but unlike the sx3 and the Fabarm it tends to jump around a it.

I am not saying that its a bad gun, far from it, it just does not feel right for me even after aftering length and cast.

Edited by Freakmode