Fox eating sheep

Thedeerman

I am slightly disappointed to see that pic , I wanted to see a fox eating sheep !

Admittedly, that would have been a lot cooler. I'll keep my eyes peeled and if I'm lucky enough to get a picture of a sheep eating a fox, I'll post it on here under an equally misleading title.

Stick the picture on Brian May's blog and await the denial :good:

The sheep/lamb allready dead, so in that respect it wouldnt gain any brownie points for us.

If it were a lamb half way out of the ewe during birth then maybe :yes:

Edited by Dougy

The sheep/lamb allready dead, so in that respect it wouldnt gain any brownie points for us.

If it were a lamb half way out of the ewe during birth then maybe :yes:

That very thing happened to one of my ewes two seasons ago, she was down and pushing and the fox was 'giving her a helping hand', needless to say it got 2500fps through the head the next evening.

Good work. See, your shooting isn't too bad. :good:

I too have witnessed Foxes latched onto Lambs while they are still hanging out of the Ewe. That's what makes Foxing appeal to me. The last one I got was still on the back of the Ewe when I shot it - I just had to wait for her to stop dragging it about and stand still for a moment!

Why do they always eat the back end first?

I can't say for certain but I would suspect that it is easier for them to open up and get into the back end than it is for the head end!

Maybe someone else could answer this question more accurately or knowledgably.

I would have thought it's because there is more meat on the back legs??

I shot this one in the next field along last night. We measured it at 116 yards with my mates new rangefinder.

That makes 10 on this farm and the farmer is really happy with me! I thought it was a cub at first but it turned out to be a small vixen, she had clearly cubbed herself this year. Strange how we havent seen any cubs on this land yet, with the exception of one that the farmer caught in a cage trap??

36503_10151777416340374_1025637486_n.jpg

Nothing has to happen for them to die, some of them just like to die, its what they do best :yes: Oh!!! and escape :good:

Yep, it must been bouring life eating grass either that or it damages thier brains. Thier capacity to Die is truely astounding :rolleyes: