Thinking of leaving this Forum

deputy dog

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should have a dear John section. We could call it the kitchen table. You just leave one last post saying how much you hate us all and that the mods are all gay and how you've taken the cat and the cd collection because most of them were yours anyway. As you hit the post button it could make the noise of a slamming door

Well I agree that some of the responses are unhelpful, but for me the real benefit came from the meet at Catton Hall. A great weekend and an opportunity to meet some of the great folk who share a similar interest in shooting. I am sure that is the heart of most who use the site. :good:

I think cows have the right answer. Eat the grass, chew the cud and spit out the sticks. :lol:

I think if I was to leave, I would just go............

What, and miss out on all the attention and comments begging you to stay :hmm:

OR

Would you just lay dormant for a while, sulking, in the hope someone asks why you havent posted for a while :hmm:

Edited by chrispti

Am I the only one thinking "So What" ?

No you aren't.

Have a read back and see how many people bitching about PW have only been here a few months - interesting (I use the word very lightly) reading.

Also you may feel you are super special and that the forum couldn't possibly exist without you, but just remember like me and everyone else you are just 1/260000th of the forum.

there is an old saying IE if you cant take it dont give it,its life its banter sometimes it gets a bit personal but on the whole its only a ripping, if you post something stupid expect some flak, and if you deliberately post something you know is provocative dont whine when a salvo is returned.

A couple of guys on here get right up my left nostril, especially the home office advisor on all matters shooting related ;) and another guy who is simply using this site to advertise (quite blatantly his business)but its up to the forum team to sort it out (when they cotton on :rolleyes: )

And as with our dyslexic friend from west yorks who kept posting his "out of season efforts" if you give these people enough rope they will eventually hang themselves and the forum will carry on as normal.

KW

Edited by kdubya

i.m.o the best way to see the real side to the family of fab members is to meet some , get out and support a meet , the Catton rifle shoot was GREAT , join another member for a swap of shooting , meet some new like minded folks , this site is superb so fully suport it or bye bye

Not my words but those of sam vimes who some of you may know from other forums but on the same subject -

"I don't get this at all. Forums change, deal with it. Threads do go off topic, deal with that too. Forums where threads don't meander or OT posts are ruthlessly removed are boring as hell. Former big wheels get marginalized as the membership evolves. If you don't like stuff, don't read it. If you don't like individuals, put them on ignore. Expect the amount of rubbish posted to increase as your own knowledge and understanding increases. Don't presume that it's only the supposedly inexperienced that talk cackbabble. Long term members are perfectly capable of talking rot too. Unfortunately, when they do it is with much greater authority. However, it's always worth bearing in mind that what you think is rubbish might actually true from a slightly different perspective. Don't stop posting then moan that the place has changed, of course it's changed, you stopped posting.

I'm suspicious that the "things aren't what they used to be" posts are one step down from the full blown public forum flounce, "I'm off, don't try to stop me". Naturally, that means "please try and stop me, I desperately need someone to tell me how great I am and that the forum won't be the same without me". Here's the rub, the vast majority couldn't care less. They may notice your absence for a week or two then they'll forget you ever existed. Don't labour under the false impression that you are vital to any forum, regardless of who you are or how much knowledge you have. Forums rumble on regardless of members or mods leaving unless someone pulls the plug on the server."