Thinking of leaving this Forum

deputy dog

people like to give it on this forum and get seriosly upset when done back to them

people on here think they are the police and challenge the date of photos and what ammo you use

Also some people blatantly shoot wildfowl with lead, admit to it and post it on a forum, then gob off that they couldn't give a **** :rolleyes:

Just in case you missed it http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/206092-wwt-lead-shot-plans/page__view__findpost__p__1764757__fromsearch__1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the forum is great, but i think it needs to have a breath of fresh air breathed into it. It just feels stale and with the increase of idiots just ripping each other apart, every thing id getting a bit annoying. Perhaps the reason I posted Im thinking of leaving, is i was hoping to find a decent enough reason to stay on here. But bar for quite a few nice members iv met or become friends with i cant seem to find one at the moment. Perhaps if the mods were a bit tougher on the said a**s hole, even kicking a few out as an example, may be the way forward to a happier forum where people getting persecuted by others can post topics with out fear of getting constantly slated

DD

I suggest that if you mention (for example) the police, religion, politics and any other 'controversial' subject in any large gathering of people you'll get everything from informed debate to blatant slagging off.

Most shooting related posts are reasonably well balanced, unless the OP or a contributor is blatantly lying, walting, or otherwise behaving in an unacceptable manner.

Is there much evidence that sensible, innocent questions are 'jumped on' by evildoers?

I agree that PW goes from strength to strength and I've had the pleasure to shoot with at least a dozen people I've met through PW, not to mention MASSIVELY improving my knowledge of the richness of our sport.

Rather than leave, just don't read the crud, and celebrate the good things. As Zapp says, we make it what it is. Us.

I'm a real man who's macho because I post pictures and write ups of dead animals and therefore hard.For that reason,I'm staying. :good:

You must have drank the wine doon the grave yard the same as me Dave :lol: :lol: :lol:

Water off a Duck's back :good:

DD - hang in there - I saw Zapp today - he is 10' Tall :lol: :lol: :lol: he will Zapp the messers ;)

well bottom line is ,if your on here worrying about how bad its getting,you cant be out shooting enough to post some stories for us to read,so mr dog,get out and kill some things for us to see and read about ,and as they say,"dont let the @@@@@@@ get you down". tomorrow s another day fella. :good:

I still reckon PW is one of the best shooting forums around, and the majority of the replies to questions are very helpful. I suppose some of the banter gets out of hand sometimes,but thankfully,it's only the very odd occasion that there's any sort of malice intended.

The good posts far out weigh the bad ones.

just to add my input. i joined the forum in march 2012, so i guess i am a newbie. i find the forum useful and find folk here to be helpful and the banter pretty good. for sure there are people who know better and have bigger guns etc but surely thats just life and you find this wherever you are in the world. the forum is expanding and with the amount of members there's always gunna be people who shoot the newbies down. like i said that's life just take it on the chin,if it gets too personal the mods will stop it. i think newbies just need to think carefully before posting as there's a lot of people viewing

I haven`t been here that long but i`m going to throw my hat into the ring.

This is probably one of the best forums out there but there can be a time when a forum gets too big for itself.

It`s the members that make a forum what it is along with its owners and moderators, you can`t have one without the other.

I agree there are some real door handles on here but with time you learn who they are and then you avoid them, that`s a choice you have. The thing is we`re all in the same boat, we kill animals for sport and or food or even basic pest control and the last thing we should be doing is turning on each other.

On the classifieds, if you know it`s cheaper elsewhere advise, not attack. If you don`t agree with a video, attacking the poster achieves nothing for any of us, use the pm system if you need to vent a personal opinion.

Owners/moderators. Maybe this is only my thinking but personally i don`t think there`s enough mods for the size of the forum. Don`t get me wrong, i think you all do a brilliant job but is another mod justifiable? I do but that`s not my decision. There`s a fine line between letting a thread run or closing it, even that has to be done right.

Anyway, i`m staying. :yes::yes::yes:

I read here daily, post when I want and dont get involved in the rows or bickering. Miss some of the original guys like LB and Nttf but guess they are busy doing other things. Never fallen foul of the mods as the rules are plain and simple.

I know exactly where DD is coming from on this. Just recently there have been a few threads where things have gone badly and sometimes I even find myself having a go to support the member who I feel is right. It's sad when it comes to that as deep down I know that I could just be adding to the line of posts that are completely off topic, but sometimes it's hard to sit back and read it without adding a comment.

There have been some top blokes leaving over the years and just the one really good member leaving makes a difference at times. Generally though PW is the forum I come to the most. I'm a member of several and don't visit some for months on end but here I miss the odd day now and again and that's it. That's got to say something.

Stick around is my advice. Although it can get a bit hard work at times this forum is still very good. And perhaps we could get a ban vote system going? More than a set number of tags in a week for a member and they're out? There have been a few hated members that have taken a long time to do something worthy of a ban according to the forum rules but who almost everyone has wanted out. If the time proven members were allowed to get their heads together and boot out the junk I don't think that would be a bad thing?

A PM to the mods for a name to be listed for votes would work. Then each complaint could be logged and when the agreed number was reached, out they'd go?