Bank Holiday Week End Washout!

Frenchieboy

Typical isn't it! It's a long Bank Holiday Week-End and it looks like being a total washout! I got up early to go out and try to decoy a few crows. The weather was windy and drizzly but I could see a few lighter patches in the sky so I decided to take a drive up to the farm. When I got there I didn't even bother getting out of the motor. The field I intended to shoot had been sown recently as part of a "Land Reclamation Scheme" and I had had a resaonable morning on it at the beginning of the week but when I got there it was covered with large deep puddles and all that was there was two mallards paddling about. I sat in the motor for an hour or so waiting to see if the rain would stop, which it did for a couple of minutes, but the high winds just brought another downpour in. I only saw three or four birds fly over and they had the wind in their tails and were going so fast they would have made an RAF jet fighter look slow.

I hope that this isn't going to be the general pattern for the Jubilee Week-End or it is going to be a great dissappointment for many people!

What have you guys got planned for the Bank Holiday that the appauling weather is going to effect?

I've got some friends from our gun club coming tomorrow to spend a morning with the centre fires up at the quarries but it looks like they had better bring a pair of waders each to wear!

Oh well, that's my winge for the day, I had better get get back to letching over these fit female celebrities (Lisa Dingle and Ann Widicombe included) just the same as many of you other letches members seem to spend your day doing on here! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Frenchieboy

I do hope that you are right oXo mate. I agree that after looking at the BBC Weather Forecast it says that it is going to clear up for tomorrow, but our little part of Lancashire very rarely conforms to the general forecasts. - I'm sure that we have a weather systen all of our very own!

If you have "reasonable" weather with you at the moment get out and enjoy it because it is effin terible right now where I am!

Edit: Oops, sorry mods, am I allowed to say "effin" without it getting me into trouble? :blush:

Edited by Frenchieboy

At the moment Dave it's not so much the rain, that has all but stopped. It is this constant bitterly cold wind now. If that drops I will het out for a shot as I left all the gear in the motor just taking the shotgun in with me when I got home.

We can but hope! :yes:

What new gun have you got now Dave? You will have to come up to the quarries with us for a "shot" sometime, the lads are a great bunch but don't take me up on this offer unless you can handle loads of banter, cos there's always plenty flying about! - And bacon butties of course, the wife will not let any of us go up there till we have eaten all of the bacon butties she cooks up each time we meet!

We even shoot clays up there now that I have my own trap!

Yes Pete, will have a ride over in the future, and thanks for the invite, Im allways up for meeting new members and having the crack, was working down your way last week.

The gun was a Yildiz side by side, but it was my brother what got it, cracking gun mate, for not a fortune money wise.

I'm going to be very unpopular here as I'm actually pleased that its raining. If it was dry I would have been going in and out of work moving irrigation equipment about in potato fields at various times of the day while everyone else enjoyed their time off.

working all weekend catching up with jobs i promised people back in feb/march, funny how everyone thinks i'm just sat at home, twiddling my thumbs, and waiting for the phone to ring.

Anyhow i was in the workshop today so didn't get wet :lol:

hope it's dry tomorrow cos i've got about 100yds of close board fence to do :oops:

Well I am looking forward to tomorrow. With all this rain it will be quiet underfoot. The forecast is to clear overnight so 5.00am and I'll be out. Still need the waterproofs for lying down under bushes. Bring it on. :good:

Edited by Fisheruk