Gay marraige in church.

Frenchieboy

"Gay Marraiges" in Church.  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Should the church allow "Gay Narraiges?

• YES
    • NO

Maybe just old fashioned but Gays seem to think they have a God given right to everything and we should all just agree with it all, it's not natural don't care how you dress it up. If it was a natural thing then surely that's the way we would all be.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe just old fashioned but Gays seem to think they have a God given right to everything and we should all just agree with it all, it's not natural don't care how you dress it up. If it was a natural thing then surely that's the way we would all be.

Good call mate. :good:

I think the best thing for gays is to protest about not being able to marry someone in a church, have a row with the head of the church about it, form your own church and persecute everyone that will not convert to your new church.

Oh wait King Henry the 8th already did that.

I don’t think any church should be forced to do it, but any protestant is on a bit of a sticky wicket saying it should not be allowed as ultimately their branch of Christianity broke away from the Catholic church over something so it would be hypocritical to say others cannot do the same.

Personally my view for gay’s is if your current religion forbids it then you really should join one that doesn’t.

I think organised religion has a lot to answer for, I for one don’t want them telling me what to do, but likewise I am not going to tell them what to do either.

quite agree with your comments :good:

The funniest thing i ever heard was......

I took two of my cousins and a friend to do some work on my french house..the lads pointed right from the start that going to my neighbours house for coffee was a no no .. you know the stuff.."we really want to crack on" :lol:

anyway..my neighbour came walking into the garden "Hello darlings" :lol:

"Oooo I see John has told you I'm gay" the room feel silent... Michelle (neighbour ) looked at the lads and said! woud you guys sleep with every woman you see ? in turn they looked puzzled and said "well ! No" ( in thier deepest voice)

without a blink he turned and said " well darlings" "I wouldn't sleep with any of you " " your too ******* Ugly" :lol::lol::lol:

we all went for coffee and the lads all said what a great guy Michelle was :lol::lol:

i guess the lesson was ..look at the book and not the cover

Homosexuality is not natural? then why is it observed in the natural world ALL THE TIME? You know what's not natural? homophobia, you know what's not natural? planes, cars, the internet, computers , pretty much the entire modern world. The "it's not natural" argument holds no weight, the "god given right" holds no weight since this country is not Christian, not every one is Christian and Christianity does NOT own the definition of marriage.

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get gay married.

Edited by gazzthompson

I have just seen on Granada Reports that the first "Gay Couple" (Two men) have been "Officially and Legally Married" in a church in Liverpool. I personally think that this is wrong, especially as the bible says "A man should not lay down with another man". So with this in mind I believe that it is going againts what the bible says and the church, by allowing it is being hypocritical. What are your thought? - As this could be a "touchy" subject and that this is a "Family Friendly" forum please bear this in mind and keep your replies "reasonable" so as not to get this poll closed and removed.

There is also something in The Bible about Dogs Laying Down With Cats . My old mate Carl swears his Jack Russel once " got it on " with the neighbours' cat which seemed to enjoy it .I suppose it was just a quickie and they never married so cant be used as an analogy .

Gay marriage ? Can,t get worked up about it while kids are getting their heads shot off in Syria and the unemployment figures are going skywards .

firstly the bible was written by man with all his prejudices. Do i believe in legal gay Civil partnerships? yes i do. Marrige as a term however should be reserved for that which is between man and woman as it sets out that which is normal and required for the continuation of the familly as a unit

me and my good lady had a huminist wedding.. but even that was tainted by law..we had to go to the registry office 1st to do the legal bit :rolleyes:

the real wedding was fantastic

farther in law walked the wife up the aisle

ladram093.jpg

I became all romantic :rolleyes::lol:

ladram146.jpg

then we made our exit :lol:

ladram182.jpg

No god was present just great friends and family... we live a great life .. just letting people believe in what they want to

Excellent pics and good post :good: But tell me this.

1. How many of you are there in this Kayaking Blues Brothers cult?

2. Wouldn't it have been easier to paddle in the water, rather than on the shingle beach?

Looks like you had a great day, and definitely did it your way :good:

me and my good lady had a huminist wedding.. but even that was tainted by law..we had to go to the registry office 1st to do the legal bit :rolleyes:

the real wedding was fantastic

farther in law walked the wife up the aisle

ladram093.jpg

I became all romantic :rolleyes::lol:

ladram146.jpg

then we made our exit :lol:

ladram182.jpg

No god was present just great friends and family... we live a great life .. just letting people believe in what they want to

Great ;)

Firstly I don't believe anybody should be discriminated against if their activities are between two consenting adults.

If two people from the same sex find happiness together and wish to form a civil partnership that gives them the same legal protection afforded a married couple, again I have no problems with it.

However if the beliefs of a church or organisation are compromised by the conducting of a civil ceromony, then they should not be forced to be complicit in such a ceromony.

Marriage between differing sexes in church is actually outdated and meaningless in religious terms these days.

However that said, Ive always been uneasy about gay relationships in either sex having a religious wedding under the auspices of the C of E. Its OK for those RC's of course and Muslims as homosexuality has been rife in their denominations going back thousands of years.

This weekend we witnessed the celebrations of the Monarch, the Supreme Govenor of the Church of England, she would probably frown upon it as would most practicing Anglicans

After all the holy trinity is Father, Son and Holy Ghost not Father, Son and Husband.

Ive no problem with Gays..I met several on the recent Cotswold meet up even shared a room with one ;):lol: ...but its against my principle beliefs that I was christened and confirmed into and church marriages for Gay couples dont sit too easily with me Im afraid.

Edited by Fisherman Mike