Help needed, which wellies?

carpentermark

Chameau neoprene are brill I wear them a lot better than slippers ,have had mine 3 -4 years and have worn grips off them and buckles have also come off ( mind u they came off after 2 years but super glue sorted that) but are still water proof an still going. they do get a little sweaty during the summer mind

So Mark,

Now you have ordered the Hunters all the cons about them will now magicly pop up out of the clouds and you will have answers to your first question.

But thats normal aint it ??? specially after you have handed over the money :lol:

Should of had the others :lol::lol:

i must have got a good pair of hunters because i have had my neoprene hunters for three years now and the only problem i have had with them was the thin red lining at the heel came through in a hole but they dont leak and are very warm, too warm in the summer maybe, but then again we dont get summers here :lol: :lol: :lol: i do like my hunters and cant see why they wont do another three years :good:

Edited by aister

I would be put off buying Hunter wellies again after all the negatives i've read of late.........shame though, my Torlundy's are still good to go 3/4 years or so on. Very comfy, still waterproof and easy to get on and off as long as they are left to dry out in between wearing. Mate of mine trudges many, many miles on wet/boggy ground and swears by Toggi's and has tried them all, I like Aigle but they are a little tight at the ankle so will look elsewhere in future......you have to make your own mind up through experience of wearing various. What suits one, another will hate with a vengeance.

I have had a few pairs of hunters which have lasted well recently bought a pair of the seelands and they are nearly knackered in 6 months so cheap but wouldn't have another pair. The heel construction has pretty much fallen apart and squelches when it's damp. Mine have a hard life and so far its only my hunter balmorals that have gone more than 3 years

Hunters are bobbins, my last pair lasted 18 months of occasional use before both soles delaminated and leaked.

Dont agree. My missus bought me some new hunters but am still wearing my original pair, waterproof, warm, hardwearing and ( then) made in UK !!!

Curve ball

Spent 300 quid on le chameau in jan.

Split in march

Bought jack pyke neoprene full side zip

Been working on the house in a building site theybare mint

Hunters are abysmal and to narrow lots of ankle twists

But it is personal so go for thatbretail experience of le chameau and hear the noise of paper tearing as you are ripped off!!!!!!!!