Is rooney finished in an england shirt

ade wills

In true British fashion we have to look for a scapegoat, and that be our best player by far!

So he didn't have a great game, it wasn't his fault alone that England were knocked out. He hadn't played for a month and wasn't match fit yet our manager chose to play him, so where does the fault really lie?

The fact that he doesn't perform for England, doesn't the same apply for most of them on the pitch?

Be realistic guys, England probably got as far as they could have. They ain't better than any of the teams left in the competition, that's a fact.

One thing you cant blame on Rooney is the hype and talk about him. All I heard was when Rooney comes back he'll do this and that, also when he was watching the first two games why was it every time England scored the camaras focused on Rooney? I think to much was asked from him and he bottled it. But I also do think he's had his day.

Think they should do what they do in the England rugby team. Start a young team and build them up to play together.

I had had a few ciders but i didn't think the game was bad. lets be honest most didn't expect England to get beyond the group stage and certainly didn't expect to go to penalties against Italy.

Got to agree Rooney is over-rated, lazy with all the intelligence and charm of a dead dog.

Rooney, Milner and Young need swapping out - not fit and just not good enough.

The worst of it is, there were some great young players sitting on the bench and ready to go.

But yes, Rooney and Carrol up front? Back to the old days.... <sighs>. You only role out Carrol when playing the big Eastern Euro teams and then put him back in his box.

England's defence though and the new discipline is working well - if the Italiens couldn't get one past us in a couple of hours play then we are a hard to beat team. We just need a Ronaldo up front to be World class.

Not great but the best England team I've seen play in about a decade.....

Seriously fella?Last ditch defending and commitment,yes,but how many times were they caught out with the long ball?The lack of Italian goals was more down to shocking finishing than good defending.

Until the premiership is reduced to around 20 to 25% foreigners expect more of the same.

cant disagree with that we have to start bringing home born players through the ranks, problem is if we get a good one the cost of him skyrockets, and money is the main reason we bring in overseas players look at the french foreign legion at my beloved St James's they are CHEAP to buy and demand less of a wage.

KW

I agree it wasnt just rooneys fault but the 2 games this time and his performances in the world cup have been some of the worst I have ever seen from a player who constantly challenges for golden boot in the prem.

In these big tournements you need big players to step up and the fact is Rooney never ever has. Ashley young was dreadful and should of been subbed IMO as he constantly gave possesion away.

One point I would like to make is how bad a manager is woy hodgson. Pirlo was given free roam of the pitch all game when any decent manager would of counterd the threat in his Team selection or at least once it was obvious he was pulling all the strings and controlling the game.

Same old England, loads of hype and out at the quarters as per usual.

For me since euro'96 England just don't seem to have the same passion or effort in the team.

You don't have to be talented to put in a shift or graft for your country.

One last rant. Youngs penalty wasn't a bad one. Good idea just a tad to high, Ashley coles though was a joke, no power or placement just a half ***** effort. I think the blame rightly belongs on his doorstep

I agree it wasnt just rooneys fault but the 2 games this time and his performances in the world cup have been some of the worst I have ever seen from a player who constantly challenges for golden boot in the prem.

In these big tournements you need big players to step up and the fact is Rooney never ever has. Ashley young was dreadful and should of been subbed IMO as he constantly gave possesion away.

One point I would like to make is how bad a manager is woy hodgson. Pirlo was given free roam of the pitch all game when any decent manager would of counterd the threat in his Team selection or at least once it was obvious he was pulling all the strings and controlling the game.

Same old England, loads of hype and out at the quarters as per usual.

For me since euro'96 England just don't seem to have the same passion or effort in the team.

You don't have to be talented to put in a shift or graft for your country.

One last rant. Youngs penalty wasn't a bad one. Good idea just a tad to high, Ashley coles though was a joke, no power or placement just a half ***** effort. I think the blame rightly belongs on his doorstep

Man u supporter by chance ?

Bill

No simply no. He is Englands best striker, yes he had a bad game but who didn't apart from terry.

Every time he had the ball at his feet he was surrounded by three Italians so it was always going to be difficult for him.

I think Roy should have started Defoe and then brought Rooney on later in the game.

Wrong he should have started with Carroll and brought Defoe on later in the game and Rooney later still when penalties were imminent...Rooney clearly wasnt fit and looked like hed been on the old flame grilled whoppers again.

Who else but England though would have a Full back who has never scored for his country in 98 caps taking a penalty in a penalty shoot out?

Rooney ect look good until they come up against world class players and teams. Once England realise that they are not in the same league as some of the other European teams then they might improve. At least we know that the N Ireland and Republic of Ireland team are ****.

How to beat the england football team.

for the first 20 minutes just hang on,it wont last

right,you have made it past the twenty minutes,now attack,they will all fall back to defend,with at least 8 in defence,giving you the chance to keep passing it back in again and again.

right they actually managed to get the ball off you,now watch it get the big lob up field

dont worry about their strikers,they wont play them,usual to just put the donkey up front with one other and when they substitute they will leave the donkey on to be paired with another muppet,thankfully all their young skilled players who looked so dangerous in the first match will be kept back on the bench.

so you should of got the ball back by now,since rooney probaly fell over or ran out of steam/ideas.

warning,watch out for the likes of terry/gerrard who will play their hearts out.

dont worry about milner/rooney/lescott,none will pose any threat

so they didnt win,well they never were going to pose a threat.

if the worst should happen and its a draw,dont panick,they dont practice the spot kick and will let any one take a penalty

How to beat the england football team.

for the first 20 minutes just hang on,it wont last

right,you have made it past the twenty minutes,now attack,they will all fall back to defend,with at least 8 in defence,giving you the chance to keep passing it back in again and again.

right they actually managed to get the ball off you,now watch it get the big lob up field

dont worry about their strikers,they wont play them,usual to just put the donkey up front with one other and when they substitute they will leave the donkey on to be paired with another muppet,thankfully all their young skilled players who looked so dangerous in the first match will be kept back on the bench.

so you should of got the ball back by now,since rooney probaly fell over or ran out of steam/ideas.

warning,watch out for the likes of terry/gerrard who will play their hearts out.

dont worry about milner/rooney/lescott,none will pose any threat

so they didnt win,well they never were going to pose a threat.

if the worst should happen and its a draw,dont panick,they dont practice the spot kick and will let any one take a penalty

Cynical disappointment

Bill

Roony if he is any good or not I have no idea as football is not my thing but one thing that I have always thought is he just looks all the wrong shape to be a footballer you expect them to look athletic but he looks muscular it is hard for me to think of him sprinting after the ball perhaps I am wrong but that is the way that I see him.

At least we didn`t hear the usual excuse. "The players are tired and need a rest"

I don`t think it`s fair to criticise the newer players, they`re young and new to the scene. The only way they gain experience is by playing in internationals. I`m not a fan of football these days but intrigue got the better of me.

Until the English/foreign player ratio is changed drastically we`ll always be light years behind the likes of Germany and Spain etc.

If we had scraped past Italy the other night i reckon Germany would have put 6 or 7 past us.

Everyone moans at them but to be fair what would we look like out there? They just didn't play well as a whole!

If we were out there then I imagine we would be the best this country could offer and therefore be up to the required standard,

NOT just living off a reputation.

Every England manager has "cliques" which however badly they perform get picked every game,

Happens in every country

Look at the Dutch team, Van Bommel is the son in law of the manager, everyone in the Dutch team was saying (unidentified source) how he wasnt up to it, leaving out the likes of Van der Vaart, yet got picked for EVERY game,

until the manager actually starts picking the best players, NOT the big names then we are going nowhere.

:shaun: