Gun Cabinet secure bolts - B&Q ?

JustJon

Hi,

Can anyone help a dumb*** ? ? ?

Can I get the bolts I need to securing a gun cabinet into bricks from B&Q?

What are they called please?

What size masonry bit would I need please?

Sorry for stupid questions.

Jon

lol cracking post you will need m10 raw bolts and a drill bit couple of mm smaller drill full length of bolt wind it with spanner till tight then wind it back out offer cabinet back to same location then put bolt back in and tighten till solid any problems pm me with your number and ill ring you its a doddle

swiss

Excalibur screw bolts link Alternatively you can use Excalibur Screw Bolts. The downside of expanding Rawl bolts is that as you tighten them up they can split the brick which leaves you with a difficult problem to fix.

If you Google for your nearest fastener store then you will be able to buy them - the beauty of the screwbolts is that they cut their own thread direct into the brick (or block) as you tighten then up - typically about £1 each.... :yes:

My cabinet came with 4x (m10 I think) coach bolts and the biggest rawl plugs I have ever seen, once fitted the cabinet is very solid. Don't like rawl bolts myself, as mentioned above can split bricks and can also start to tighten then loose their grip so you can't tighten or slacken them, then your stuck with a fixing that won't anchor anything and you can't remove either.

It's all about having the right fixing for the right wall material I like sheild anchors if they split the brick then you have poor bricks!

The ficsher ones are good if you can get them, the unbranded cheap ones can fall apart and be a pain, thunder bolts are good and simple to fit. http://www.thunderbolt.co.uk/product-info.html

Edited by HDAV

If your drilling into old bricks use a 10mm rawl bolt, if it slips use a ratchet spanner and a pair of grips, hold the bolt with the grips and spin the nut tight with the spanner.

Breeze block you need the 10mm hex masonry screws. If they don't have those buy chemical set screws.

If you go into b n q and ask them there usually alrite..

Hi,

Can anyone help a dumb*** ? ? ?

Can I get the bolts I need to securing a gun cabinet into bricks from B&Q?

What are they called please?

What size masonry bit would I need please?

Sorry for stupid questions.

Jon

let me know how many you need pm me your address and i will post them foc

mikky