Cartridge belt... Yay or nay?

Gizza22196

100 members have voted

1. 1. do you use a cartridge belt?

• Yes
    • No

surely it would be 10x easier to have them like you say, in a bag or in a pocket, i have one and only use it occasionally purely because it was my great great grandads, handed to my great grandad, then to my grandad and now to me so i only wear it to keep it going

I use one wildfowling. It's mainly so that I can keep two different carts to hand. Basically duck carts on one side, goose loads on the other.

I also found it easier loading at night because you KNOW which way round the cart is without having to check.Straight out of the belt and into the gun.

Don't use it for anything else though.

I use one wildfowling. It's mainly so that I can keep two different carts to hand. Basically duck carts on one side, goose loads on the other.

I also found it easier loading at night because you KNOW which way round the cart is without having to check.Straight out of the belt and into the gun.

Same here. :good:

Same here. :good:

And here. :good:

I use one I always have it on under my tshirt or jumper and have it on fairly slack when walking through the woods roosting, then when I feel lazy I rest the butt of the gun between the belt and me to support its weight with barrels pointing up.

Cartridge bags is good for in the hide but a belt is better for roosting or general wandering round. Both have there uses for me.

Have three,none of which are used,and for the reason you state.If decoying or game shooting I use a cartridge bag which easily holds 100 cartridges.Mate has a camo belt which covers the brass rims of his cartridges.

ive got 3 or 4 but never use them , for one they dont fit very well and another haveing a "bit of timber" makes it hard work yo use one . always a bit in the way to pull carts up and out of loops , lol

I might be after a decent used one for walking about and wildfowling. Send me a PM if you want to get shot of one. :good:

I might be after a decent used one for walking about and wildfowling. Send me a PM if you want to get shot of one. :good:

use mine the same duck on the left goose on the right got mallard n canadas on the permission so it helps to keep loading simple like me :lol:

Edited by clakk

If I'm walking around shooting pheasants I use the belt as I found the bag annoying getting under fences and over ditches and the likes. The belt makes less noise too if you're trying to be quiet or sneak up on a pond and as the lads said i have different loads in each side.

If im shooting duck as dusk or dawn over a pond or pigeons in a hide id fill the bag or pockets.

I also find you don't feel the weight of the belt towards the bag.

I use one when rough shooting. As for scratching the stock I'm not bothered - my rough guns are for using not polishing!

The only time I use a posh gun is on a posh shoot and I carry a nice leather cartridge bag for that.

Of course you can put your coat over the belt if you're fussy. :good: