Stilton

Scully

Stilton - without doubt my favourite cheese, but any lover of Stilton MUST try Stichelton cheese made in Welbeck, Nottinghamshire.

Stichelton is pretty much what Stilton used to be many years ago, as its made from unpasteurised milk. A bit richer and tangier than Stilton.

Yum, yum :yes:

Ooohhh please don't talk about cheese! I am on a diet and dream about cheese! :(

There is one from the next village to me. Not Stilton but a traditional English ewe's milk cheese which is very popular with all the tv Michelin starred chefs at the moment and it is really lovely.

Berkswell ewes cheese...it has won quite a few awards and it well worth a try.

Anthony

I used to make cheese for a living,and we used to produce a mature white cheddar which when melted under the grill on toast with a smidgeon of english mustard and a veneer of milk over the top to make it go bubbly brown,was almost as good as sex!Mind you it's been a while so I could be wrong!

Will look for those stiltons mentioned on-line;have just had two soft poached eggs on granary toast sprinkled with the Strathdon blue....words fail me. :yes:

Stilton - without doubt my favourite cheese, but any lover of Stilton MUST try Stichelton cheese made in Welbeck, Nottinghamshire.

Stichelton is pretty much what Stilton used to be many years ago, as its made from unpasteurised milk. A bit richer and tangier than Stilton.

Yum, yum :yes:

Ohh YESS that is some seriously good Stilton (not able to call it that 'cos of use of unpasteurized milk) As you say like it used to be. Some Waitrose stores sell it but don't know anywhere else around here.

• 2 months later...

Cheese. Food of the gods and Stilton the stronger the better. I have in the fridge a bomb of Bobs nobs 3yr old cheddar which is good stuff made by leagrams out Preston way , they do a 5 year old but you have to open it outside and leave it in the shed between eating because the smell is so powerful. Everyone of my mates I have bought this cheese to try has brought it back saying the wife won't have it in the house after the wax is off.