how often do you shoot a month

storme37

hi how often do you shoot a month and how much is your monthly shooting budget

as often as i can but at least once a week so prob 6 or 7 times a month aiso depends on weather witch has not heiped last couple of months prob spend 40 a month on rounds and 8 pound on pellets for airgun for rat and pigion controll round farm buildings but they last couple off month :good:

I try to go once a week for target therapy and whenever I can to the farm. I limit myself to a brick a month in .22LR so around £35

Clay shooting maybe once or rarely twice a month with the BIL for a laugh. Spent £10 on clays last time a a box or two of Super XLR's, so about £20

Its going to skyrocket when my variation goes in.... :yp:

Whenever I fancy it really. Normally I'll take a walk over the fields with my .22 or a shotgun. Very rarely I'll go and shoot 25 clays, and even more rarely I'll take a target out with me and plink with the rimfire.

I probably spend less than a tenner a month on ammunition. But the cost of the guns and paraphernalia is far more.

I must be the odd one out here then as my shooting budget is £400 a month and it gets spent very easily apart from lately whilst the weather has been bad. Its mainly spent on bullets and diesel as the old old Defender certainly likes a drink.

I get out a minimum of twice a week to my decent permissions where Im guarenteed to shoot as many rabbits as I can be bothered to shoot and go to my local farms at least once a week mainly just to show my face as there isnt much on them anymore. :good:

I go when I feel like it maybe 3 to 5 times a week depends on what shifts me n the mrs are working. Not been spending much on ammo tho at the min got loads of 22 rounds and not much area to shoot as all my fields are up .

have used about 4 boxes of shells this month so about 20 bar I think need to get some in bulk.

Is anyone in south Yorkshire doing any deals on 32 gram 5s or 6 s ? I have been using hull special pigeon they seem ok.

Karl.

Two three time a week,each visit is probably £50 for the clays(we only shoot Clays)plus the shells.If the weather is nice like today i may go to park lodge or coniston for some more.

We shoot 600/700 shells a week between us as we took it up together.I buy the shells and She buys the clays.

This time of year is very busy for me. I usually have gigs or festivals to play on weekends so only shoot when I have nothing booked.

But without the extra income I probably wouldnt be able to afford shooting.

So in a way one hobby sustains the other

However after summer is fairly quiet and I can do most of the work at home so I shoot every wekend, somestimes twice a week.

I have next weekend off so aching to go and check out my new permission.

i go out every saturday and sunday with the shotgun and a couple of week days with the rimmie with nv.

i normally bulk buy my shells as not to be back and forth to the shop. if i work it out its probably around a slab of shells a month and 200 rounds.

never go clay shooting though, i find it too boring. :yp:

oh, also my wife thinks i only have one shotgun and one rimfire... :lol:

A difficult one to answer, through the summer its mainly vermin with the rifles and just a little practice. I wouln't shoot a full brick of .22 generally as i only check zero on the 50yds and do a bit of extreame range testing. With centrefires i use about the same as the .22 mentioned maybee 1100 rounds between three rifles + 400-500 on airguns were thier use is required. My biggest expendature by far is fuel in the wildfowling season about £75 a week but can be more. Club fees are around 300 in total and i dont shoot clays anymore other than social club days. So perhaps £1000 a year covers my ammo across the board for a full 12mnths £2000 in fuel, 300 fees. adding sundries like waders and other gear and repairs about £3700 / 50wks = 74 a week about £300-£350 should cover it a month over 12mnths.

I dont count gun purchase into anything as if you buy right and know when and were to buy and when to leave alone then they only cost maintenance

At the moment I can only clay shoot :( plus some airgun plinking every now and again. I shoot clays once a week so around £30 a month on cartridges, £40 on the cards at the clay grounds and £4 every other month for air gun pellets. If I was pigeon shooting, mostly its just walk about shooting so no more than 50 shells a month, if that.

Rupert abuses me when i go clay shooting so i try and stay away :lol:

I am out on the permissions 2-3 times a week, try to go clay bashing every sunday but can only do rifle range or clays due to time constraints so at the moment its every 2 or 3 weeks. Still seem to spend about £100 a month excl ammo & fuel.