Bunked off for the Afternoon

We new the weather was better on Thursday so DB bunked of the afternoon to go and chase the pigeons. We arrived at the first barley field at 13.00 and watched it for ten minutes after clapping the birds off, none returned. So we decided to look at another farm. This has been shot by the regular shooter every other day for three weeks when we arrived there was a good number in the barley. We drove down to the farm and met the farmer who greated us with the words " you two are persistent" and said that we could have a go. He also informed us that the barley was going to be sprayed between 14.00/15.00. We set up on the very edge of the barley as to not cause any further damage. We were set up for 14.15 and by 15.00 one had returned and paid the penalty. The sprayer was in the farm yard so we decided to move the set up to the grass between the two barley fields as we had seen the birds flighting across the field, we were set up by 15.30 and had birds straight away it started to rain at 15.45 but the birds kept coming we finished at 18.00 and picked up ninety three off the grass.

July2012002.jpg

Another great afternoon :good:

What gun is that your using, just out of interest :hmm:

Hi Chrispti, Its a 25 year old Rizzini skeet gun that I used for roost shooting as it was choked 3/4 and full. Last year I had the chokes opened up the 1/4 and 1/2 and now use it for my decoying as it has 30 inch barrels and I find that I can flow better with it.

Hi Chrispti, Its a 25 year old Rizzini skeet gun that I used for roost shooting as it was choked 3/4 and full. Last year I had the chokes opened up the 1/4 and 1/2 and now use it for my decoying as it has 30 inch barrels and I find that I can flow better with it.

well whatever gun it is dosn,t do to bad on the pigeons thats for sure :good:

i may be wrong but you say its a skeet gun and the chokes were 3/4 and full,the chokes on trap guns are normally configured that way the chokes are usually much more open than that on a skeet gun

well whatever gun it is dosn,t do to bad on the pigeons thats for sure :good:

i may be wrong but you say its a skeet gun and the chokes were 3/4 and full,the chokes on trap guns are normally configured that way the chokes are usually much more open than that on a skeet gun

My mistake it must have been trap gun , DB say's that with the thirty inch barrels it makes the shot closer!!!!!

My mistake it must have been trap gun , DB say's that with the thirty inch barrels it makes the shot closer!!!!!

skeet guns are shorter barrelled as well 26,28,inch

but as i said earlier it dosn't matter what it is, it brings pigeons down by the thousands so who am i to question :good:

You always strike the same pose, with a big bag of pigeons layed neatly out in front of you and the dog sat adjacent in obeyance.

Ive come to the conclusion that this is the same photo pasted onto a different background each time :lol: :lol:

Yes Mike, I never go out I just find pigeon pictures on the net and cut and paste and make up a story!!!!!

Yours enviously.

FM