Where You born Before 1970

Guest AP1shooter

born in 56.....i remember getting a job in the cotton mills in my hols...they used to put big black boards up advertising vacancies....if you didnt like the job ,you could go to the next factory...plenty of jobs about then....fish and chips every friday....ninepence ...tanner and a threpney bit..about 4p...sneaking down the stairs hiding behind the settee,when my dad put his pint of home brew down i used to have a good swig when he went to the bog,i was found on several occasions fast asleep behind the settee.

in the hols being told to ****** off after breakfast and not to come back till tea time.came back late once,to late for tea so i sneaked in the kitchen grabbed a big bowl got the ladle filled up my bowl with some broth,grabbed some bread legged it to the bottom of the garden,scoffed the lot,feeling rather pleased with myself i went into the house where upon my mother shouted...if you are in the kitchen will you stir the dog meat in the pan...she was boiling up the dogs feed for the week. :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

berryand ash

sookers

choockters

sorry gent ive logged on to a hindu site. :lol:

well in youre terms mark

i and my pals used to make bow and arrowes. from elder berry sookers thats the light new growth on the elderberry for the arrows and a nice bit of ash stick for the bow often had to get my dad to put the binder twine on so it was sprung tight enough ok

that workable for you mate :lol:

cheers kirky

Born 1970

I remember most of that, playing full length football matches in the road all day, a shout of CAR went up, the nearest to the ball would pick it up, everyone would get out the road, play would then resume when the car had past.

I also remember lining up in the road 8 kids and bunny hopping them on my BMX, imaging the look on the parents faces looking out the window to see their little treasures laying in the road being Evil Kneiveled by a plump kid on a bike :lol:

Going over the local fields, making camps & treehouses, climbing the highest trees, lighting fires, mucking around with fireworks, ahh those were the days.

SS

Born before 1970?

Old fuddy duddy :lol:

I can still remember doing nearly 99% of that lot and i was born at the beginning of 1971 :lol:

we never had a TV till i was about 13 and the first video recorders had chunky buttons not the touch buttons they have now.

My first computer was a Atari Classic.

I remember walking 2 miles as a Kid to go throw stones in the river with friends and making tree houses without getting into trouble with the police and the council never tore them down either.

LG

TV? - - Ha ha ha ha - we had a wireless with valves in that glowed and took time to warm up. It smelled of hot dust and was like a magic box to me. I played in bombed out houses after the war - I mean WW2, but we just called it the war. I remember the first time I saw television, there was one in our street. I had great time making guns out of a clothes peg, a hair grip, and the thick rubber band off a returnable pop bottle. You could fire a matchstick about twenty feet if you did it right, and they were deadly. We fired darts made of pins out of blowpipes and shot at each other with 'Gat' airguns when we could get our hands on them. We made throwing sticks for flinging arrows up and down the field. If you were good, you could throw them about seventy yards and they stuck in the ground. Nobody sued each other and nobody had ever heard of health and safety. It was your responsibility to look after yourself and if someone got hurt a bit, you said sorry and it was enough.

I remember me and my friends practically living on push bikes and never hearing of anyone falling off and seriously hurting themselves. Now its deemed too dangerouse to ride without one of those ridiculous looking crash helmets and that its certain death not to wear one. We thought we were lucky if we had brakes.

born 1970

Leeboy

Yeah - I remember that brakes thing. I used to slow down by putting my shoe on the wheel, or by jumping off.

Evilv

Ahhhhh the old pin in a bic pen blowpipe.

Got me expelled :lol::lol:

SS

That's the one - pick some fluff off yer woolie jumper, roll it around the head of a dressmaking pin, place in empty bic biro tube, aim and blow hard. Think of it as a proto air rifle without the rifling.

LOL

They used to stick in doors. We didn't get expelled for it, even though we used to stick them in people's heads and faces. The teacher would just give us a clout or a few strokes of the taws. If you got expelled you either put someone's eye out or you were brought up in later more PC times - LOL

:lol:

Nowadays people would call in an armed response unit for such a thing.

1953 - Kings of our alley - except when the big teddy boys came along :yp: , we were petrified of them, they made us watch as they performed a mock hanging.

When we were a bit braver we made a fantastic camoflaged camp, while hiding and scared we fired pea shooters at them, they never realised it was us :angry::no: :yp: . I could go on - Brilliant days

ha no, 74 here :D:P:D:P:D

74 thats a rare age to be posting on the site...... :P:lol::lol::lol:

you know what i love about this site?

it doesnt make me feel old :D

I thought you said you was 74??????????????:lol: :look: :look:

omg you cheeky sod!

BORN in 1974 you dunce. ~rolls eyes~

good job we were away this weekend.

:P

LMAO I was born in 1977....

I can remember doing 99% of all that was listed on there... I think now and days its a computer sucking fat encouraging society... kids should be out doing things... enjoying them selfs... getting a few scrapes.

Although thinking of that... (a father to be!) if I allowed my kids to be as reckless as me... or get cut / bruised as much as I did.. including broken bones.. I might have to contend with Social services... (does the BASC or the NRSA cover me for legal expenses.. regardless.. lol!

Ahh what is was like to be a kid! now with one on the way and reading these posts you all written.. its funny to think... I am scared S****** less.... anyway................................

I also remember being able to smoke in schools breaks.... when I was at high school... there would be times that you could go out with the teachers... smoke.. and it was fine... you could buy the single cigerette.. or buy them loose... how bazar...

anyway... I really need to get out more...

lol

Born 1970

I also remember lining up in the road 8 kids and bunny hopping them on my BMX, imaging the look on the parents faces looking out the window to see their little treasures laying in the road being Evil Kneiveled by a plump kid on a bike :yp:

SS

can you name the stunt rider who died hitting the ramp jumping the cars over at radlett airdrome. Was not a very nice site i can tell you.

My first train set thrown away because my sis caught her finger in the door :o , wonky lego where the blocks wouldn't go together because my mum put it on the boiler :good: , action man in a wheel chair because after a swim in the swamp (bath) his joints rusted & his arms & legs fell off, no more matchbox cars/lorrys as there was a massive crash & a bottle of meths with a match caused a inferno leaving all burnt to a mangled mess. :yp:

Bitten by the local Dog because i ran round the corner & smacked its **** while it was ******** the local bitch :(

Many many more but i will leave it there.

Ho by the way 1963, some thing to do with it being a very cold winter while mum & dad lived in a caravan in abbots langley.

& no i'm not a ***** :)

PELTMAN

Born in 1937 in Brighton,Sussex. I remember bits of the war and looking at the bomb damage in Brighton.At the end of our street there was a Canadian Forces convalescent home so we had lots of sweets and gum.Playing marbles in the gutter.Getting a clout round the ear from the local bobby, who knew where everybody lived,for scrumping apples.He told us it was for getting caught!Bike races and street football,no problem.One of the kids in our street was in a wheel chair but he didn't get left out.We would tie rope to his chair and drag him around during games of cowboys and indians,he was the stagecoach!Brighton was a great place to be a teenager in those days,plenty of part-time jobs in the summer and plenty of young ladies on holiday from the Smoke.Now it's all beggars and iron hoofs.Cycle speedway was popular but we preferred cycle motocross in a local wood.One of the kids slipped backwards off his saddle,onto the unguarded back wheel and it dragged his ******** through the rear forks!We had to remove the rear wheel while he was screaming then carry him home.It was a while before he rode a bike again!

I only shoot clays these days or should I say shoot at clays.A dodgy left knee no longer takes kindly to rough shooting.

Well, I was born in the summer of '88. I did quite alot of that. Spent most of my childhood building all sorts of things, like dens in the woods, tree houses, go carts, rafts, etc. We used to always be out in the woods and stuff finding lizards, snakes, frogs, etc. I loved my childhood. Shame everything is so **** now. You go outside and theres groups of chavs hanging round in groups large enough to sink a small boat who would kick the **** out of you if you look at them funny.

Born in 1937 in Brighton,Sussex. Getting a clout round the ear from the local bobby, who knew where everybody lived,for scrumping apples.

We got caught by some old boy while pinching his apples as we ran he said "AND DON'T COME BACK"

The next night we went back & cleaned the tree our guts were busting from eating all them apples.

& as for the old boys face in the morning seeing the tree

with

JUST THE APPLE CORES HANGGING :good::) :( :yp: :yp: :o :o :/:/:/???

that must have been a picture still makes me laugh :P:lol::lol:

PELTMAN

• 3 years later...