i got a few

camokid

hi all

i finely had a few fields cut this week so i naturally got my kit together and had some good trips out.

first fox was a vixen taken in the light about 7 ish she was making her way across the field and then decided to walk right to me i gave a shout to stop her at 30 yards

2ceq3hw.jpg

next was a young dog later on in the night it was more of a distance shot taken at 160 yards i wanted to push the new gun as i dont tend to need the distance shot as i tend to get them in. sorry if pic a bit messy he took it well

335ehlk.jpg

now it gets good i had a call from a new farmer saying to pop over as he had cut four of his fields so within a hour i was there keen as anything as i had not shot this ground due to the grass being up anyway i found a nice bail to rest on with a good view of the land and within ten min took my first customer in the light about 90/100 yards it was a good size fox and to my surprise it was a massive vixen

ztentf.jpg

after that they just kept coming i was useing both nv and lamp and hand and electric callers it all worked well i was having a cracking night with some lovely shots and after a few more hours i had taken five more 3 more adults and 2 of this years young. one cracking dog a right big boy with a strong head.

one more in the light

144bnlz.jpg

the rest at the end of the night

69njm8.jpg

so a total of six in a few hours solo i was pleased and i left more for the next session :good: needless to say the farmer is my new best mate lol

thanks all

just had a look and good shooting but on the next to last photo what was that shot with.

same as the rest he just got hit in the chest and exited the back taking out the lot and i mean the lot he was near enough in two the round was a Winchester ballistic silver tip 234 95g there mean on bones

What a great night/day, can not wait until they cut the fields around here to get my .223 in good use, those Winchester look like they do a fine job but what I've seen there rather expensive :/

they are a bit! i think i paid £34 a box but if you brake it down its only 1.60 a deer lol

Great result Andy-WELL DONE!

You love your new Tikka Super Varmint eh?

oh yes a do im thinking of naming her :lol: :lol:

nice one andy that sexy new gun seems to be doing the biz never seen so many foxes on our ground keep bowling them over buddy :good::good:

it it mate im glad a got it. its looking to be a good start to the lamping season seen a few knocking around .

Edited by camokid

Looks like you've had a real busy time Andy. Top shooting with a great looking piece of kit, well done mate! :good::good::good:

That rifle of yours really does look like it does the business very well judging by the photos. I'll bet you like it one hell of a lot more than the foxes do! :lol::lol::lol:

Thats a good days shooting, I don't see more than six taken in one day often!

I use to have a 243 do that to roe!

U.

its not the norm for me wish it was lol funny tho because last year in the same week i had 8 solo i should have stayed to brake my personal best but there's always another day thanks

Crikey that's some serious damage! Hope Brian May isn't watching.

Nice rifle.

i hope the hunt is!!

On your 'recommendation' I just bought a box of silver tips to see how they behave in a .22-250. My Privi Partizan soft points do the business, but,,,,,,

i cant even load privi in the gun it just dont like them it makes zeroing in expensive . good luck

i cant even load privi in the gun it just dont like them it makes zeroing in expensive . good luck

I suppose it's not just rimmies that suffer from this then. I can/could hit a rock half the size of my fist at 150 yards no problem, every time.

it's a pity (for you) as they are cheap as chips.