be careful whats in your car

bi9johnny

just a word of warning chaps , last night i was involved in the most bizarre experience of my life whilst out with the dog and unfortunatly i cannot go into details just yet but it resulted in me being kidnapped and two are in custody and my car and all its contents were taken for forensics....i will explain later as i have been told after i have been to work at the weekend that i will be lifted and arrested on monday for having an offensive weapon in my car..i have the same rubbish everyone else has dog leads, dummies,dokken duck dummy, game bag, catapult, dummy launcher and a cosh for humane dispatch(of which i only used last saturday for a seagull chick with 2 broken legs)however the attending female pc didnt want to understand what i was saying about having it in my car...i am not new to the hunting/shooting life having just clocked 28 years of fac and 30 years of sgc of which time i have helped all sorts of people out dispatching injured animals ....never been in trouble with the cops before not got points or even a parking ticket...see what monday brings now but you could not write this for a soap opera... oh and take caution whilst out in the evenings in wirral it's getting worse

:lol:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nightmare!

I often think things might take some explaining.

The odd loose 12g shell, an axe, entrenching tool, knives, plus tools of my trade always in the motor.

Personally I always go down the "no comment" route with the cops now, it seems whenever you open your mouth you drop yourself in it and they twist things. Without dropping yourself in it, they often have no case.

Make sure you get a solicitor and don't speak to the cops without him/her being present. It's free and it's your right, and Monday leaves you plenty of time organise things. He will arrange for you to turn up at the station by appointment, to save the hassle of them coming for you. Ring a local solicitor and explain and ask them to recommend someone.

Good luck, this country is going downhill fast.

thanks guys may i clarify yes i was,am,always legal even after giving mt statement and talking with 3 c.i.d. officers and being taken home by them with my dog i forgot i had my trusty and rusty opinel in my pocket..i see 30 years of passion for dog and gun going down the drain here

Of course you had your knife. I have a dog and quite often have to cut brambles or whatever to get her out of the hedge. Sometimes I've even got to nip back to the car to get the priest as when she does get out she's hanging on to a myxy rabbit which is why she got in the hedge in the first place. Naturally this needs dispatching. One of the trials of owning a manic Springer.

its unlikely much will happen if you can prove legitimate use of any of the things in your car unless you were involved in another crime that led to the kidnapping. if you are as you say squeaky clean they will be more interested in you as a witness.

Bit confused now (easy done)! I read, "kidnapped" as, 'nicked' and, "two are" as, 'two hours'.

it resulted in me being kidnapped and two are in custody and my car and all its contents were taken for forensics....

Bit confused now (easy done)! I read, "kidnapped" as, 'nicked' and, "two are" as, 'two hours'.

Hang on, I read that he'd been kidnapped, two people are in custody, and that as a result of checks by the police they're going to do him for offensive weapons.

Hang on, I read that he'd been kidnapped, two people are in custody, and that as a result of checks by the police they're going to do him for offensive weapons.

That’s how I read it too.

I’d assumed he’d been carjacked or something.

I wonder of the OP could clarify.

Was he actually kidnapped by criminals who are now in custody.

Or was he using ‘kidnapped’ as a euphemism to explain how the police took him down the police station for a chat for a couple of hours.

As with all police stories I always question why the police stopped you in the first place, and why they then chose to search the car.

There always seems to be more to these stories than first impressions would lead you to believe.

That’s how I read it too.

I’d assumed he’d been carjacked or something.

I wonder of the OP could clarify.

Was he actually kidnapped by criminals who are now in custody.

Or was he using ‘kidnapped’ as a euphemism to explain how the police took him down the police station for a chat for a couple of hours.

As with all police stories I always question why the police stopped you in the first place, and why they then chose to search the car.

There always seems to be more to these stories than first impressions would lead you to believe.

let me clarify chaps yes kidnapped was the police term so i would go with car jacked.. basic is 2 guys jump into my car with me driving and demand i go with them and give them illegal stuff...my car was taken for forensics and they found the banging stick i use for dispatch and said it's a offensive weapon

hope that clarify's

regards

john

Bloody hell.

That’s all a bit scary.

My guess is that the offensive weapon charge aimed at you will just go away.

Not in the best interest to prosecute etc.

As far as I’m aware when something like this happens the police just throw everything they can at the situation and see what sticks later.

The police don’t know you; they don’t know why you were targeted.

If it turns out you were targeted because you’re a local loan shark then having an offensive weapon charge against you gives them chance to keep you in custody or re-arrest you.

If it turns out you are just a regular chap then they’ll just drop the charge.

That’s my best guess.

this post is going to get good i can see it fingers crossed it was not a base ball bat for dispatching pigeons with? unless you had a ball of course little crackheads they wood have got a shock if they jumped in to mine iv got more weapons in mine than i have in shed

thats what you get for bin posh and haveing posh 4x4 rangerovers i bet ill swap you for a knacked vitra you will get no problems with them tryin to nick that """"DEAL""" ONLY MESSING HOPE YOU GET SORTED FELLA

swiss

Edited by swiss.tony

Flippin' 'eck.

Sorry, Guys - trouble with living in relatively peaceful Devon - I couldn't quite understand and thought I'd got the most obvious explanation - a euphemism and a simple typo. Patently, I got it wrong. That's horrendous. I hope, as I'm sure we all do, that it all ends well.

Good luck.

they wood have got a shock if they jumped in to mine iv got more weapons in mine than i have in shed

:lol:

Proper vehicle! :good: My other half refuses to get in mine in case she sits on summat dead!I've told her;it's been that long since I've seen what she sits on,it may as well be dead!

let me clarify chaps yes kidnapped was the police term so i would go with car jacked.. basic is 2 guys jump into my car with me driving and demand i go with them and give them illegal stuff...my car was taken for forensics and they found the banging stick i use for dispatch and said it's a offensive weapon

hope that clarify's

regards

john

Crikey, I was hoping my impression was going to be wrong. What 'illegal stuff' did they want that you had?

As others have said, I guess it's all about the 'good reason.'