be careful whats in your car

bi9johnny

Crikey, I was hoping my impression was going to be wrong. What 'illegal stuff' did they want that you had?

As others have said, I guess it's all about the 'good reason.'

i didn't have anything, they wanted me to get them coke without the bubbles and wouldn't get the message

well you would think a fat fifty baldy old *** smelling of damp dogs in a estate car will have 1/2 a kilo under the dog in the back wouldn't you

caravan dwellers hey not the brightest

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't have anything, they wanted me to get them coke without the bubbles and wouldn't get the message

well you would think a fat fifty baldy old *** smelling of damp dogs in a estate car will have 1/2 a kilo under the dog in the back wouldn't you

caravan dwellers hey not the brightest

Cripes!

I hope you are all well and didn't receive any damage in you ordeal. I also think that if you are a member of basc or equivalent then it is time to let them earn their money. It's better to have their support early on and not need it than to wish you had got them in earlier at a later stage. Good luck with it all

Nick

An offensive weapon is created by its use pall, unable to give good reason to posses it implies an illegal offensive use- your car unfortunatly is a public place in law :yes: . A tyre iron is every bit as leathal as a preist, get a good brief- it looks like the cops are thinking no smoke without fire. I have had trouble in the area myself, some half wit copper who wouldn't listen, i mean two middle aged blokes in a 4x4 with mud on it! I was lacking the black range rover sport and the Orange girlfried in the passenger seat. It was a full 40 mins before he actually carried out the PNC check i suggested would show him who i was and explain all :rolleyes:

If you aren't a member of BASC join on-line and then ask for their legal team to help you.

They are VERY good at telling Plod to do one when they have clearly over-reacted. You should have a perfectly lawful reason to have your priest in your car (it's hardly high up the list if things you could be carrying).

Contact them straight away - they love this sort of thing (Big Brother picking on lawful shooter).

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/departments/

Hope it all works out okay.

What else would you expect in this country common sense went many years ago can you not get it in to your head you are a victim and as such you are not permitted to defend yourself or have any means to defend yourself in your possession this is England not some uncivilised country you now.

Unfortunately there’s very little difference between a weapon to defend oneself and a weapon to attack another.

If it was legal for a chap to carry a defensive knife or cudgel then every mugger and thug would be carrying one legally and claimed they were for defence.

So, that’s why we have these laws.

We make it illegal for everyone to carry ‘weapons’, but then the courts can choose whether to prosecute or not.

In this case I would suggest that if the police didn’t bring up the ‘weapon’ in the car then during any trial a defence brief would be asking why the police didn’t investigate the weapon and using that as evidence of favouritism or some other legal nonsence.

It’s not a perfect situation.

But it’s better than letting thugs carry weapons with impunity.

Offensive Weapon is a tricky area. It is all about circumstances. You have to prove good reason on the balance of probabilities. Prosecution have to prove that it was an offensive weapon, you were in possession of it and that you had no good reason beyond reasonable doubt.

Have sent you a PM with a bit more about it. Whatever you do accept legal advice.

Blimey, I've always got a priest in the car.

I keep it in a locked box in the back with a load of decoys, rotary, battery, nets and other assorted paraphernalia.

I guess if I kept it in the footwell or glove box I could be looking at a few questions if stopped.

You'll be fine, as long as you haven't used the priest and nobody is saying that you have used it in an offensive manner then it will be very easy for you to prove that you are in lawful custody of it. It is not an offensive weapon per se and can be bought by any Tom, **** or Harry therefore the prosecution will have to prove that you used it in an offensive manner which if it was lying in the boot and there are no allegations is going to be very difficult. You just have to say that you use it in your sport, I would have plenty of examples ready and that you were obviously on route / on way back from said sport to seal the deal for good reason.

IMO in my professional opinion you have nothing to worry about and it's an interesting way of doing things, taking a witness statement and then telling somebody that they are going to be arrested for an offence that is related to the original statement.

Edited by Livefast123

Some of you may remember the late Woody Hyde who wrote articles for the Shooting Times and Countrymans Weekly.

He wrote the following article.

He was in the local town on a Boxing Day watching the local hunt set off.

Whilst talking to a friend a police officer came and asked his friend to come around the corner of the building, he had a skinning knife on his belt with only a small bit of the sheath showing.

The chap explained that he was going shooting after seeing the hunt off.

The officer pointed out it was illegal to carry the knife in a public place, and SHOULD have left it in his vehicle.

He was then told to pick up the knife from the local police station about 4pm.

Some police officers can be understanding, luckily this one was.

And my friends on this forum can confirm that the chap with the skinning knife was none other than myself.

I was reported by an "anti" who spotted the tip of the sheath.

Theres all sorts in my car. I dread rolling it as I would be beaten to death by the loose contents. :lol:

Good luck Johny, that sounds like a nightmare.

my van is exactly the same, iv got all sorts in there! I hope everything goes well for the bloke, it seems the hunting/shooting community are an easy target for the plod. Luckily, not where i live.

Unfortunately there’s very little difference between a weapon to defend oneself and a weapon to attack another.

If it was legal for a chap to carry a defensive knife or cudgel then every mugger and thug would be carrying one legally and claimed they were for defence.

So, that’s why we have these laws.

We make it illegal for everyone to carry ‘weapons’, but then the courts can choose whether to prosecute or not.

In this case I would suggest that if the police didn’t bring up the ‘weapon’ in the car then during any trial a defence brief would be asking why the police didn’t investigate the weapon and using that as evidence of favouritism or some other legal nonsence.

It’s not a perfect situation.

But it’s better than letting thugs carry weapons with impunity.

the problem is by making it not legal for people to have weapons is that going to stop bad people from having weapons no all that it dose it stop innocent people from having the means to defend themselves it is not legal to have hand guns but we here every day about people being killed with them.

Some of you may remember the late Woody Hyde who wrote articles for the Shooting Times and Countrymans Weekly.

He wrote the following article.

He was in the local town on a Boxing Day watching the local hunt set off.

Whilst talking to a friend a police officer came and asked his friend to come around the corner of the building, he had a skinning knife on his belt with only a small bit of the sheath showing.

The chap explained that he was going shooting after seeing the hunt off.

The officer pointed out it was illegal to carry the knife in a public place, and SHOULD have left it in his vehicle.

He was then told to pick up the knife from the local police station about 4pm.

Some police officers can be understanding, luckily this one was.

And my friends on this forum can confirm that the chap with the skinning knife was none other than myself.

I was reported by an "anti" who spotted the tip of the sheath.

I knew there was something shifty about you...;)

could someone put in plain english what this is all about :blink:

here goes mate in short

out walking dog last night 2 blokes from local camp force there way into my car with me in it and force me under threat of violence to drive them to find drugs

i get away and police arrive and arrest said 2

when the police go to take my car away for forensics they spot a baton in the door pocket and tell me i will be getting arrested for an offensive weapon

the baton is used to dispatch wounded wildlife and was next to my catty

update is both are still in custody and in court tomorrow for false imprisonment and other public order offences

i will get my car back tomorrow and no mention of arrest yet :good:

the problem is by making it not legal for people to have weapons is that going to stop bad people from having weapons no all that it dose it stop innocent people from having the means to defend themselves it is not legal to have hand guns but we here every day about people being killed with them.

Yes but the numbers are tiny, imagine if we had no gun laws.....

A 'Baton' - do you mean a made offensive weapon type 'baton' ie an ASP or other friction lock baton or truntion (or anything else made with the sole purpose of causing injury to a person). If so good luck matey.

If it was say a stag horn priest (made for disptaching animals) then you would have my simpathies but carrying round a baton and trying to pass it off as a tool for humane dispatch when you get caught with it is just plain silly. Yes you have been in a **** situation but you shouldnt have such a weapon in your car either - especially not in the door pocket where you have 'easy access to it'........

Edited by Newsportshooter

In the exceedingly unlikely event that Johnny is 'done', all he has to do is plead,'self defence'. That is, according to the book that we discussed earlier this year; namely, 'Does the Trigger Pull The Finger'. This refers to the fact that while catching villians red handed for another offence, the police seemingly have yet to prosecute said villians who have been armed in case they plead self defence and open a can of worms. This legislation, they would have us believe dates back to the 1688 Bill of Rights which didn't specify which arms a person may keep and bear for his defence so it must mean such arms as are available.

There you go, mate, no problem, you'll be out by Christmas 2017! :o