very angry.

aga man

woke this morning to find that my ladrover disovery would not go anwhere! could select gears ok but no drive. had a look underneath and to my disbeleif some cheeky ******* had knicked my front propshaft :o the car is parked on my front driveway just outside my front window. somebody had laid underneath the vehicle, udone eight nuts and bolts and removed the propshaft.

after ringing around i found a new one from landrover was £400 :o i managed to find one for £200 and fitted it myself. to say i'm angry is an understatement :mad: £200 would have bought 1000 cartridges or anything else for that matter. i reported it to the cops but they said there was little they could do :mad: . probably pointless posting here but it helps to get it off my chest. if any of you lads from east yorkshire know anything about my propshaft please feel free to pm me. atb aga man

shocking!! might be time to invest in a cctv system for your drive way

then if you can identify them you can hunt them down and hold a blow torch to their nuts till they say sorry :yp:

Edited by beeredup

woke this morning to find that my landrover disovery would not go anwhere! could select gears ok but no drive. had a look underneath and to my disbelief some cheeky ******* had knicked my front propshaft

It is a Landrover, it probably fell off the last time you went out :P

I would change some of the bolts to Alan key and some to star drive

At least it would make it harder to take off.

good idea that mate. someone else suggested tack welding the jointing flanges of the shaft. just to slow them down and give the dog chance to check them out. too late now though they got there propshaft :mad: i bet the culprits drive transits that run on red diesel and tether horses anywhere and have under fed running dogs etc. you find these whether you are north,south east or west. :(

It is a Landrover, it probably fell off the last time you went out :P

lol :lol: most of the bits do fall off! this bit was too heavy though would of heard the bang if it fell off.

If its a 200 or 300 I have a spare you could have had,

or is it one of them fancy twin coupled td5 ones?

yes mate it's the td5 front one with twin couple. none been broken up here yet :no:

Strewth that is brass neck if ever there was. Hope they get caught. Have a friend from the midlands who was up here fishing when his wife phoned to say she had disturbed an intruder in the hall who was about to grab a bunch of car keys.

Blackpowder

Edited by Blackpowder