1. 1. Is this new format a load of ********

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like it, it looks like it was designed by my 13 year old. :sad1:

Don't like the background, don't like the graphics, in fact don't really like any of it. The old one looked much classier and polished.

Oh, and I don't care what it looks like on my phone, I very rarely log on via the phone. :angry:

AND...I've just found out that my avatar doesn't load either!!!! :mad:

Edited by -Mongrel-

I miss the "mark forum as read" button - I just pressed that every time I'd read what I wanted to and it'd de-clutter the forum for me.

The NEXT and PREVIOUS "greyed out" state isn't obvious enough. At least it ain't on the *mobile* version (which is wot I usually use).

Finally, the aforementioned "going to the start of a thread" irritation is, indeed, a pain in the bottom.

Regards,

Mark.

Edited by ChAoS

Also 'view new content' (on desktop) appears to show no threads...?

Mark all as read click view new content and it all comes back ? whats that all about ???

I miss the "mark forum as read" button - I just pressed that every time I'd read what I wanted to and it'd de-clutter the forum for me.

The NEXT and PREVIOUS "greyed out" state isn't obvious enough. At least it ain't on the *mobile* version (which wot I usually use).

Finally, the aforementioned "going to the start of a thread" irritation is, indeed, a pain in the bottom.

Regards,

Mark.

How do you just get the latest posts on you next visit witout showing all the ones you have just read ?

Guys, to view the 'new content', click the 'new content' button at the top of the screen. It then brings a page up, and on the left hand side there are some options, such as content type (forums, members or calender). Below that you have 'content I have not read', 'new since my last visit', 'within 24 hours' and so on. Select what suits you (the old forum format worked on 'new since my last visit', I suggest you click that and try from there.

When you click on a topic in the 'new content' list, if you've already read part of the thread you click the button above the first post saying 'view first unread' or something to that effect.

With things being in grey, and generally different, it takes a bit of getting used to. I wish it showed the unread content when you load a topic up automatically like the old format did - maybe I'm just too lazy!

When you get used to it all it's a bit easier. No doubt more difficulties will arise, and be overcome. I suspect that a few tweaks can/will be done at some point (new background colour that's a bit easier on sensitive eyes? Hint Hint...!).

Bear with it folks, tweaks will take place over the coming days to round off the edges. I'm the least technically minded person you will ever meet, but I am coping so far, and I have lots more buttons that can mess things up way worse than most if used wrong :ermm:

People got really anti about the last upgrade, but got used to it after a while.

The admins dont do this for a laugh, as someone said earlier, if the software the forum runs on isnt kept up to date then it becomes vulnerable to hackers. THL was down for days a few months ago because I believe of an unnoticed vulnerability in the forum software.