just put another old friend down.

yds

My od black lab Jasmin (13) was put down tonight she had started to loose her back end.

Its also a year tomorrow Friday since I lost dad.

been down to see mum and she had this photo of a shoot day.

Its of me, my son David and my daughter Georgia with dad on his last shoot day (he came to watch). A proper family day out.

3 of the dogs are dead now (all left side) Jasmin was the black lab, 2 of the pointers are breezes grand mothers and the big dog and small bitch are her parents.

The photo is about 7 years old.

Taken on my beaters day

002-7.jpg

sorry to hear that, i know how you miust be feeling., i had to make the same decision last week when my 9yr old JRT went from being fine, to being very ill in 2 days, riddled with cancer. I dont mind admitting i cried like a baby. i feel bad admitting i was more upset than i was when i have had relatives pass away, but i guess living with the dog is different.

My feelings are with you...

We've had German Shepherds all our lives and the only way that we can get our heads around the fact that we've just lost one of our friends is to get another one as soon as possible - we always go to the same breeder so unfortunately the wait can seem like an eternity...........!

The other thing that we try to bear in mind through these times is that we gave our dog an absolutely great life - that is what keeps Belinda and me on an even keel in a time of loss

I really feel for you at the moment, time will heal but your friend will always be with you....

Kind rgds,

Rick