BANG - Clatter, clunk, thump

Alex C

I have just taken possesion of a Franchi Semi Auto. Used it for the first time yesterday.

How the hell do you get used to the noise ??

I pull the trigger and it sounds like a box full of nuts and bolts being shaken in my ear - very off putting.

In fact its definately why i didnt hit anything !! :innocent:

I have the same problem with my Breda S/A 12 bore! The lads at our clay ground call it either an "Ack Ack" gun or a "Pogo Stick" - That doesn't worry me as i can usually hit more clays with it than most of them can with their standard/regular S/S or O/U shotguns so who cares!

Eventually you just blank the noise out!

Think I only notice any noise if not used a s/a for months, then after about 1/2 dozen shells don't notice it any more, Those who d0n't normally shoot s/a's may also notice the cocking lever out of the corner of the eye for a short while, I am using s/a's more and more.

Keep using it and the sound will disappear, then you will need another reason why your missing the clays, :D :D :D like the gun is lighter than my o/u so I getting the swing wrong :D :D :D enjoy using it and stick with it. :good: :good: :good:

You should try it with electronic ear-defenders on, they filter out the bang but everything else is full volume. My Beretta makes a kind of ringing sound.

My urika rings as well ,its the sound of the barrel resonating . My browning over and under also rings ,its a loverly sound .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser