Dose anyone care?

FalconFN

Does anyone care?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested if Andrew Mitchell called a Policeman a pleb?

• No, couldn't care less
    • Not really
    • Quite interested
    • Very interested

Am I the only one that can't see why there is so much coverage and excitement in the media about Andrew Mitchell [possibly] calling a policeman a pleb?

It seems to me the journalists are creating a 'scandal' and having a very enjoyable time doing it. I'm not a fan of this govenment and god knows there are many politicians that deserve a good kicking in the press but this one seems way OTT to me.

It is about whether he is an honest man, who was a bit shirty with the Police, or a lying, untrustworthy idiot.

Either way, I suspect there will be repercussions for the loser(s).

It's indicative of a posh, snotty, over privileged government that is out of touch.

But aren't they all?

It's the lying about it bit that stinks.

I could see Boris saying it, justifying it and everyone moving on.

It is about whether he is an honest man, who was a bit shirty with the Police, or a lying, untrustworthy idiot.

Either way, I suspect there will be repercussions for the loser(s).

He's a party whip so it's in his job description to be a shirty, dishonest, untrustworthy bully, surey that can't surprise anyone. If he was the Home Secretary or some similar cabinet role I would understand it but it seems so absurd that some politicians and journalists keep spouting that 'the public want to know' when I'm not so sure we do.

It wasn't that long ago we were told that a series torraid of four letter expletives should not cause offence to a constable when arresting a toe rag so it seems far more that it is the originator of the words not the words which cause offence MP's are supposed to represent the population hence plenty will be devious back stabbing toe rags yet it seems unfair to labast him for being himself...... Dies he think he's better than the police? Above the law? Of course he is an MP!

If I was that copper on gate I would have tazered him - wacked him with truncheon - kicked him then sworn blind he fell over and I would have got away with it.- saying that come the revolution I want mitchell to be first on chopping block. - snotty ponce.

Dave

If I was that copper on gate I would have tazered him - wacked him with truncheon - kicked him then sworn blind he fell over and I would have got away with it.- saying that come the revolution I want mitchell to be first on chopping block. - snotty ponce.

Dave

:lol: similar to my thoughts, but just to add that i'd have trod on his knackers too :good:

I am sure the police get called far worse than that in the normal course of a shift. What bugs me is that if it is true then it's another example of the parasite MP's thinking they are above everyone else and they can do what they like. Us plebs are to be kept in our place and only used to clear up after them.

I think it was Billy Connoly who said, "The very fact that someone wants to be an MP should automatically bar them from being one."

They're all trying to line their own pockets and bxxxxxxx to the rest of us.

who knows really its one persons word against another, the interesting thing being the policeman may well have been being a jobs worth at the time and I'm sure many on here would have said worse. As Mungler pointed out Borris would have said it and admitted and explained why and it would be done and dusted.

He shouldn’t have done it.

But, he did.

He’s since apologised.

That should be the end of it.

The fact that there’s a difference of opinion on the exact words used is irrelevant to me.

In fact, the exact used words are irrelevant.

Perhaps ‘Pleb’ is just a word he uses as an insult in the same way that other people of different educational backgrounds might use cock, *****, **** or any other of the words in their vocabulary.

It was just a derogatory term, it wasn’t a considered class based insult…. Probably.

The daft thing is the people who seem the most upset about the term Pleb are the same sort of ones who will be the first in like to bitch about the posh toffs and not see the irony that they are doing the exact same thing that they are complaining about.

However, the normal political ******** has started and people are just using it as excuse to put the boot into a politician.

A politician who has personally apologised to the person involved – who has accepted that apology.

The funny thing is, if you read a bit about him he’s not actually a bad politician.

He’s been in the military briefly, and the TA, he’s done a lot of charity work, he didn’t get touched by the expenses scandal.

He seems to have played silly ******* in terms of his company buying a building the selling it for less and dodging stamp duty – but it was perfectly legal and it’s probably his accountants fault not his.

Most of the way he’s voted seems to be fairly decent.

But, some people want to destroy his career just because he got shirty at someone who decided not to open a gate for him.

Apparently the gate had been opened for him 3 times before on that day when he was on his bike – although I don’t know the exact truth of that.

Not to mention the argument that cyclists should be treated as traffic not as pedestrians.

I think it makes the Police Federation look like a bunch of idiots.

It’s right that it’s been mentioned and investigated.

But the apology has happened, it’s not worth prosecuting, now they are just flogging a dead horse for political reasons.

Yes. He was out of order.

But he’s made amends.

It should be all over now.

He also apparently said to the policeman that he should know his place. I think this just shows his contempt and disdain for anyone who is not a overpaid out of touch chinless wonder like himself. I think he should know his place and realise that it is working for us in our best intrest but sadly they are out for themselves only. To partially quote Monty Python. "BURN HIM HE'S A WITCH"