Landrover with Geese hanging off it ? .

Pole Star

According to our Orkney radio report a Landrover was seen driving through the main street of Kirkwall with geese hanging off the sides & a Lady member of the public became very distressed at the sight of this !

Was this really necessary to drive through the middle of town like this ? the mind boggles ! oh ! it was Saturday if you wondered ? . :hmm:

According to our Orkney radio report a Landrover Lamborghini was seen driving through the main street of Kirkwall with geese hanging off the sides & a Lady member of the public became very distressed at the sight of this !

Was this really necessary to drive through the middle of town like this ? the mind boggles ! oh ! it was Saturday if you wondered ? . :hmm:

Fixed it for you.

obviously not ideal but at the same time...was it only 1 person that got 'upset'? Is it really any different to seeing a chicken in a shop? Other countries have animals crated up alive to sell for food and the public don't mind.

The main problem here is the likelihood that someone is being inconsiderate. If he was using a motor bike it would be slightly different :lol: but surely the geese could have gone into the back of the car?

According to our Orkney radio report a Landrover was seen driving through the main street of Kirkwall with geese hanging off the sides & a Lady member of the public became very distressed at the sight of this !

Its just like extreame bag photos, which i personally find distastefull and very disrespectfull to the quarry- ONLY far, far worse!

I personally cant see a problem with it. Whats the difference between that and meat in a butchers shop. I often walk up the road with a brace of Duck in my hand for a couple who love eating what I shoot. The people that pass me normally say have you any spare!!.

Probably the woman was a vegetarian??. Years ago game used to be hung from the market square no-one objected then. At the end of the day its food, its not being disrespectful at all.

Honestly, whats wrong with people these days. Why do we have to be so politically correct all the time.

I don't have that much of a problem with it either, but then I was brought up by a mother and father who were country people, who had experienced the food rationing of WW2 with the consequent emphasis on growing/rearing your own, who knew where food came from, and who regularly wrung the necks of the hens we kept so that we could have good Sunday dinners at a time when roast chicken was a big luxury to those who didn't rear their own.

The other thing is, whilst most of us Pigeon Watchers are realists and know how things SHOULD be, we also have to accept how things ARE, and how they are determined by people who don't want to think too hard about how meat and fish are sourced lest it distract them from the latest episode of "Escape to the Country".

So the wise thing for us to do is to get on with with pursuing our bloodthirsty ways as unobtrusively as possible.

Piling dead, bleeding geese on the roof-rack of a Land Rover isn't being unobtrusive, and I don't think the reported "incident" was a one-off, either.

No criticism implied for the people who did it, just a suggestion that there's a game to be played here to keep the anti-bloodsports lobby off our backs.

Well the offending culprit has come too light ! & has been getting lots of stick over it ! so he wont do that again :lol: .

Many years ago I don't think this would have been a problem but every thing we do today is under the microscope & so many people are detached from reality & believe meat comes from Asda's & milk comes from a carton ! & that's the Gospel truth as far as they are concerned ! . Now those of us who live at dirt level planet earth know that reality is very different but I think its best best if we keep things under raps as much as possible ? just imaging if the money hungry Paparatzi had got hold of a picture of that Landrover ??? .

Pole Star just for thought :hmm:

I personally cant see a problem with it. Whats the difference between that and meat in a butchers shop. I often walk up the road with a brace of Duck in my hand for a couple who love eating what I shoot. The people that pass me normally say have you any spare!!.

Probably the woman was a vegetarian??. Years ago game used to be hung from the market square no-one objected then. At the end of the day its food, its not being disrespectful at all.

Honestly, whats wrong with people these days. Why do we have to be so politically correct all the time.

I tend to agree with this view-point.In the past we have pulled up outside a tobacconists on the high street with 27 shot Hares in the back of a pick-up;we regularly exchange anything upwards of 160 rabbits from the back of a Landie into dealers van,this usually takes place in car park of Red Rooster cafe in Penrith,and each shoot day sees at least 400 ducks/pheasants carted in game cart from shoot to cold store.I refuse to cater to the sensitivities of anyone who may be offended by this with the exception of small children with a copy of Jemima Puddleduck in their hands!