Weston Park

Topgunners

We all went to weston today and had a loooong day.

Got there nice & early and upon entering the gates I couldnt believe that the boy taking the money had to fiddle with his fingers to give me change for a £20 note. (£12 admin price).

He was counting out on his fingers how many £s to give me.

Is that the best the show can recruit ? taking thousands of ££££££ and a lad who cant count.Tut tut Tut.

The show was very good as usual, bumped into Will and he helped remove a ton of ££££££s out of my pockets.

Got a few good bargains and a couple of new toys to play with.

Anyone else go today?

Dave K

Went Today, set off early as normal, joined the queue at 7.30 on the A41 and took an hour to go 1 mile :good: . Traffic management was total ****, worse so far!!!!!!

Pol on entrance was waving people past, we turned in past him and just managed to avoid him, the guy didn’t know left from right!!!!!!!!!!

Thought the atmosphere was a little subdued and the show seemed smaller than previous years!

Still had a good day and managed to spend up and get a few bargains.

Hope they get the parking/traffic management sorted for next year!

Chees

Went Today, set off early as normal, joined the queue at 7.30 on the A41 and took an hour to go 1 mile :good: . Traffic management was total ****, worse so far!!!!!!

Pol on entrance was waving people past, we turned in past him and just managed to avoid him, the guy didn’t know left from right!!!!!!!!!!

Thought the atmosphere was a little subdued and the show seemed smaller than previous years!

Still had a good day and managed to spend up and get a few bargains.

Hope they get the parking/traffic management sorted for next year!

Chees

HINT NUMBER 1 - TAKE YOUR OWN FOOD..............3.50 for a burger. a quid a brew...........I had a ton in my pocket.............then all I had to show for it was some bird cradles and some maxi mover pegs and a roll of cammy tape...........then it was all gone.....

Agree with traffic management........JOKE. we came out and was made to turn left,,,,,,,I needed to go right...Lucily a quick U turn on someones drive and I was heading back to the M6.....why they couldnt open up 2 gates is beyond me.

Was a bit dissapointed with "GUN MAKERS ROW". I have never been before and was hoping that each manufacturer had their own stall. Instead its every gun shop and a big mix match of guns. The place was heaving so you never had chance to do much. I would have much prefered a makers stand with a clay trap behind so you could have a test for a fiver.....

ONE VERY dissapointing thing was that there was PLENTY of stuff for "PRE SHOOTING" and "SHOOTING" but nothing for the "AFTER". Ie I was looking for a stand that did what comes next, rabbit skinning, deer skinning, this is what you can do with this bit of meat, heres how you make saussages - this is the machine that you use, these are the herbs, this is the recipie. And HERE have a taste, pot of game stew for 2 quid.

Unless this was a stall that I missed..................

Plenty for the kids and my wife had a really nice day..............she isnt in for shooting but still had a great time.

Even managed to have a good chat with the staffordshire FLO.

OH, anyone going today,,,,,,TAKE YOUR WELLIES..........the ground was beginning to go yesterday in some areas, I would imagine that it will be worse today...

HINT - DONT WEAR CAMMO OR TWEED.................you will get lost in the crowds.......get your kids to wear something bright so you dont loose them...If you have them, take two way radios that way you can set off in different directions but keep in touch without using your moblies.

BIG HINT

THE CASH MACHINE DOES NOT TAKE CREDIT CARDS

me, the wife and my lad had the day there yesterday , the traffic was bad but not as bad as i've seen it , strangely enough the young lady on the gate was struggling to work out my change as well :good: . we all had a brilliant day and we met up with a few lads and families from pw and huntinglife that we haven't seen for a while :oops: . i got some more hog casings from the sausage making stall and they even gave me a few free bags of seasoning :D , we also spotted my christmas present on the sausage making stall (vac pac machine) and the guy said that if my wife reminds him at christmas he'll do the machine at the show price :D . i bought a few little bits , new wellies and moleskin trousers , spare knife sharpener and fox whistle but something happened that's never happened to me before,I STILL HAD MONEY IN MY WALLET WHEN I GOT HOME :lol::oops: , i've either got everything i need or i'm turning into my dad and i'm starting to get SENSIBLE with my money , i don't know which it is but i'm not keen on either :lol: .

It was a good day apart from the traffic and the long journey, never seen one pigeon watch badge thou :oops: i got a bullet pouch and some moleskins and a £2.50 ice cream :good: i did enjoy the simulated coursing. It was the first time i'd been to this one and i could'nt believe the size of it, all in all a good day out :oops:

colin

Inclined to agree with you Cranfield

maybe I am a very old 26 year old but the thought of that many people in one place and the chaos associated with it drives me crazy :good: - especially when you help to organise a country show and have seen how it can be done with a bit of thought (and 300 Young Farmers working for nothing!) :oops:

went a couple of years ago and vowed never to return! due the ineptness of the entry / payment and park procedures, have just spoken to a mate of mine who went this year for the 1st time, his remark to me

was NEVER again, seems lessons are not learned

cheers KW

i went with my bro agine this year and after spending just over an hour sat in traffic agine we finnaly got into the carpark. then after queing to pay and finally getting in was a good day managed to grab a few bits and pieces we needed and some stuff we probly didnt need but will be fun to play with :good:

all in all was a good day out just needs better organisation.

Got there early, drove straight in and was probably in the first 100 cars. This was at about 7:50. Spent loads of dosh, two new jackets, three pairs of trousers, book on muntjac etc etc. Had a great day in great weather, then........

Left early 3 pm, total chaos. Well it was not chaos to be honest coz nothing actually moved. We managed to get onto the main lane through the parking area straight away then never moved a foot for a full hour, literally. It took another 1½ hours to get out of the park and then half an hour to get to the motorway junction, a journey of six miles. Three hours for a ten minute journey!!!

The traffic management inside the park was non existent. Cars which could get out of the jams were going left, right and centre trying to cut corners, jump queues, find other exits etc. A **** poor performance which really did mar an otherwise good day.

Fine to get in this morning, a bit slow on the A5 but manageable. Coming out was a nightmare. Left the showground at 4:30, finally made it to the motorway at 6:15pm. Two sets of traffic lights on the way out and stewards directing you left when I needed to go right to the M6, again I made a turn in someones driveway to go back the other way

Got there early, drove straight in and was probably in the first 100 cars. This was at about 7:50. Spent loads of dosh, two new jackets, three pairs of trousers, book on muntjac etc etc. Had a great day in great weather, then........

Left early 3 pm, total chaos. Well it was not chaos to be honest coz nothing actually moved. We managed to get onto the main lane through the parking area straight away then never moved a foot for a full hour, literally. It took another 1½ hours to get out of the park and then half an hour to get to the motorway junction, a journey of six miles. Three hours for a ten minute journey!!!

The traffic management inside the park was non existent. Cars which could get out of the jams were going left, right and centre trying to cut corners, jump queues, find other exits etc. A **** poor performance which really did mar an otherwise good day.

We must of been very lucky this year as we left Coventry very early and arrived about 07.45 and drove straight in and left about 5.30 and drove straight out. no queues at all.

But they have NEVER got it right. Too many cars into too small an entrance/s.

Dave K

You could hold most of these Shows somewhere like the NEC.

Real car parks, not grassy meadows, close to motorways and other sensible forms of transport.

There is also plenty of room there for the obvious outdoor activities.

Why they have to be down narrow, leafy lanes in the middle of nowhere, defeats me.

Went on Sunday with my dad and McF. Getting in wasnt too bad. I also had to use someones drive to get in the right direction for the M6. Qued for 45 minutes to get to the M6.

I hadnt been for a few years, and was a little disapointed. Gunmakers row was more of a gun dealers and associated stuff and things dog leg. For me there were a few noticable abcenses. I got the impression that the trade had started to vote with its feet.

Overall, we did enjoy ourselves and did pick up a few bargains, but didnt manage to get the shoes that I really wanted. I doubt that we will go next year. &0 litres of fuel and £14 to get in makes it an expensive shoping trip. McF and I still need to send to Cabelas, which is what we were hoping to avoid.

Webber

WE went for the weekend i had a great time ,But £109 for us to camp in a field all weekend where the grass was a foot long the beer tent ,toliets and lights should have been on a bus route they where at least a mile away from us at the top of the field ,find going down in day light bloody harder coming back to the tent in the dark after you have had a few and trying to miss the guy ropes .And looking round i honestly couldn't see a bargain the same stuff is cheaper at scone gamefair .But i had a great time placing faces to names