What Dog ??

Mr Rizzini

show lines are hard to tain and generally a bit too large. too heavy on the trial breeding makes some too hot to handle for many especially for a first go. Many geunine honest shooting mens dogs have little to no health checks.

Done with the negatives here are the positive. Find the right one for you and it will do all you ask of it with the correct training

Research and more research on which pup though it took me over a year to find the one i wanted, thats saying something when they are among the most commonly bred dogs in the UK - but read overbred and you get the jist?

Have a look at Brittany spaniels. They are hpr's but will do all you want and more, they are a bit hot headed and need to know who is boss but they work a bit slower than a normal spaniel which may suit you. They are a great worker and at the end of the day mine is usually asleep on his bed or more often on my lap.

I would love a springer but they are a handfull most of the time and I was hoping the lab could sleep at the open fire in the living room after a hard days work :)

If you like springers or labs, then fine.

My wire vizsla can sleep the clock round after a shoot day, but they are a fabulous dog to work with as a walking gun. He'll work all day and never show sign of tiring - till he stops!

I wouldn't be without him - he's just napping before tea and getting ready for his evening sleep now, lazy beggar :lol:

I was in the same dilemma 8 months ago, I decided on a black lab and it was the best decision I've made. Super easy to train and a joy to be around.

When I bought him all I knew was that the sire was from working stock and the dam was used for picking up but mainly a pet. When I got the papers through i was pleasantly surprised when on his fathers side there 20+ field trail winners and champs!

A bargain at £300 :-)

Good luck in your search

We'll people I made my decision and have a new member to our household, Seen a guy selling pups from 2 gundog parents but without papers, this is of no odds to me as I wanted a dog to keep not breed. Crackin looking pups and at 8 weeks old I feel she is gonna cry the night away lol

Say hello to Ruby, Pics to follow

We'll people I made my decision and have a new member to our household, Seen a guy selling pups from 2 gundog parents but without papers, this is of no odds to me as I wanted a dog to keep not breed. Crackin looking pups and at 8 weeks old I feel she is gonna cry the night away lol

Say hello to Ruby, Pics to follow

Hope it all goes well for you but to point out to others papers are provinance and health checks are essential in my opinion. One backs up the other

Seen a guy selling pups from 2 gundog parents but without papers, this is of no odds to me as I wanted a dog to keep not breed.

papers aren't just necessary for breeding they form a way of checking the parents have been health tested prior to breeding. With labs in particular I wouldn't touch one that came from parents that weren't hip scored the consequences are too expensive to even think about. But you've bought a pup so good luck

It was shop bought and my dog was ok even after eating a banna skin. Could be somthing to do with trying to drink the entire Irish sea:-P.

Aye, he has learnt his lesson about drinking seawater me thinks! Dont touch the stuff now I totaly did not expect Sam to eat that banana skin let alone swallow it in one wouldnt have thrown it otherwise, its the first time i have seen that- the speed he necked it there was gonna be no stopping him though