New Toy - CZ-452 17HMR

grimey121uk

Well my ticket came today after 15 days, well done GMP (considering its been Christmas too) and the mrs let me get;

- CZ452 American in 17HMR

- Hawke 4-12x50 Scope

- Bipod

My ticket allows me to shoot vermin and zero my scope however it only requires me to be supervised whilst shooting vermin so with a bit of luck ill be out this weekend getting the scope zero'd in:)

8315582634_057614a0d6_b.jpg

Edited by grimey121uk

nice rifle hope you enjoy. how come you have to be supervised?

GMP insist on supervision for a first grant but it specificaly says that i only need to be supervised by "an accomplished vermin shooter" whilst shooting vermin

I got the 452 American and mine don't look like yours , mine is smaller and thicker barrel

Isn't that the Varmint version?

Edited by grimey121uk

not necessarily Dekers, speaking as the owner of a heavy barreled cz with american printed on it ;)

I've heard this before, seems strange when the difference is very apparent!

Does it say CZ America_ or CZ American, the whole point of the American is outlined on the CZ site, http://www.cz-usa.com/products/by-category/rifles/ or http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/80-rimfire-rifles-cz/..

The difference between the Varmint and American is clear to see and feel, chequering, weight, barrel thickness etc. :good: :good:

Here you go

I'm not quite following that, did CZ change the spec of the American/Varmint a while ago, I don't remember that at all if they did! There is no debate that today by CZ's own description that is a Varmint.

Perhaps someone got carried away and stamped the barrels incorrectly! :good::lol:

From CZ-USA

"....CZ 452 Varmint is a heavy barrel version of the American, featuring a 21" heavy barrel and is made without open sights, but with dovetail groove. Varmint in .22 LR features 11mm dovetail while .17 HMR FEATURES 3/8" DOVETAIL. The stock is Turkish walnut and has a heavier forend to allow for the barrel"

As Muddy Funker above, does anyone with a Varmint have Varmint stamped on it, or are they all showing American!

I simply don't understand why they appear to stamp American on it and call it a Varmint, it isn't an American stock or metalwork (according to CZ own description)! :hmm:

Perhaps we should Ask Derek. :good:

Edited by Dekers

As far as I'm aware I've got a Varmint with a 16" heavy barrel. It does not have American stamped on it though, just the caliber, make and model number and where it was made. There is no checkering on the front of the stock either. From what I've seen of other CZ's the stock has a straighter top line to it also. Mine seems to be a Varmint model pure and simple and not a variation with a varmint barrel which some have.

Don't know if this helps or not. Just thought i'd contribute.

Gaz got there first. : )

GH

Edited by Greenhunter